Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta receives approval to exceed pilot flight time limits.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now I see why Pat is so irritated by Comair pilots hanging out in the breakroom at LGA; Delta pilots are going to need all the rest they can get. :)

I am suprised to see this....I'm not familiar enough with that part of our contract though...guess we'll see what happens. With the company shifting to a lot of ultra-long-haul flying we should pay more attention. Meanwhile, throw on the 5th pilot!

General, I love ya but quit backpedalling! ;)

Backpedalling? Come on now. We have the crew rest facilities (nice on a 777, I have seen them), and we did not willingly try to change this. There was really no rule ever made about flying over 16 hours, and the FAA had to make a call, since our flight from BOM to JFK was over it by 20 minutes. No one had ever done that except Singapore Airlines and their A340-500 flights from Singapore to LAX and EWR nonstop. It had to be clarified, and the FAA made their ruling. We have to live with it, but atleast we have bunks to sleep in while thinking about it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The title to the thread should read---

"Delta succeeds in push to degrade pilot work rules"

Wow, another genius. You don't even know the backstory, or what the crew rest facilities are like. You never will.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, Obviously your the genius...you presume to know everything and and are always right.....

I love seeing general lee trying to backpedal. He can knock every other airline that they are idiots as well as the pilots who work for them, but he is always right as well as his beloved Delta. Beautiful, how about another serving of crow???

Last edited:
No, Obviously your the genius...you presume to know everything and and are always right.....

Thanks. I needed that. Finally you see the light. :)

Bye Bye--General Lee

The title to the thread should read---

"Delta succeeds in push to degrade pilot work rules"

The FAA was asked by Delta about the rule, since Dalpa asked them. The FAA had never had a US carrier have a flight over 16 hours, and they decided it was ok with crew rest facilities. DL was pressed by ALPA to add an extra pilot (5 total), and the FAA was brought in to make the decision. They did.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So

No protest, DALPA just rolled over again.

No protest, DALPA just rolled over again.

Protest? Yes we did. Did you read our response? How do you suggest we continue protesting? Throw a tantrum like you would do? The FAA changed the rule. The FAA will likely NOT change the transcon rule, though, thanks to the lack of crew rest facilities on JB A320s. Good try, and please tell me how you would continue the protest.

Bye Bye--General Lee

In a way this validates the complaints about jB's study all along. The complaint was that once you opened the Pandora's Box of relaxing the duty time limits that other carriers would attempt to do the same in a manner that would benefit them.

That is exactly was has happened here.

I too like watching the General squirm around but there is a difference in volunteering to extend your duty limits and having a change directed against your will.

This validates the concerns everyone else had about jB trying to extend flight duty limits. A parallel is the wage issue, where the LCC guys contend they make more than the legacy carriers now. Yeah well, they've come down to meet you, but you went there first. You can't say you didn't have an impact in the degradation in pay and work rules.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back