Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Of course, this is only a formality, negotiations still have to take place.

"Union: Delta ready to void pilots' pact
By James Pilcher
Enquirer staff writer

Delta Air Lines plans to ask a bankruptcy judge to reject its contract with its pilots union within the next few days, the carrier’s branch of the Air Line Pilots Association told its members today.

The news came less than two weeks after the airline’s lone major unionized work group voluntarily entered into talks over the $325 million in annual concessions Delta was seeking as it restructures under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

If the judge sides with the company and rejects the contract, that could mean that management could impose its own work rules and pay temporarily. If a final version is not agreed to eventually, the pilots could walk out, although a union at an airline under bankruptcy protection has never tested that situation".

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051101/BIZ01/311010006

Last edited:
check6 said:
What judge would side with the company? That's the question of the day.

The answer to the question of the day:

Judge Prudence Carter Beatty

Stay tuned...

bafanguy said:
The answer to the question of the day:

Judge Prudence Carter Beatty

Stay tuned...

I agree. The trend has definitely been to rule in favor of whatever the company asks for. This seems to have been the case in most recent airline bankruptcies.

I know there's a lot of talk and bravado, but how low will it have to go until a pilot group decides to withdraw its services. I know, I know, a strike may not be legal, but at this point, I think everyone knows what the outcome of a pilot strike would be. Legal or not, the outcome will probably be the same.

snow-back said:
I agree. The trend has definitely been to rule in favor of whatever the company asks for. This seems to have been the case in most recent airline bankruptcies.

I know there's a lot of talk and bravado, but how low will it have to go until a pilot group decides to withdraw its services. I know, I know, a strike may not be legal, but at this point, I think everyone knows what the outcome of a pilot strike would be. Legal or not, the outcome will probably be the same.

The loudest most frightening sound to GE Capitial and any other creditors is the sound of a silent jet engine. If there was a creditible threat of hundreds of parked airliners around the country and the world they would go after someone elses cheese. They are betting that will not happen and so far they are winning. I mean, the price of jets on the market would plumment and just where are they going to find the repo pilots to go get the jets from where they are parked?

Yes. it wouldn't be pretty. Judges, lawyers, media, passengers all whinning about it but we'd have to stand fast. Eventually they'd come to us or wouldn't let it happen in the first place. We have to put it all on the line in order to stop the slide.

Unit
Ready

snow-back said:

If that big email I got yesterday containing the sentiments of the active pilots is any indication of the prevailing sentiment, they'll burn the place to the ground.

I'm sure Judge Beatty is equally adept at overseeing a CH7 filing...and will have sooooo many witty comments to add about pilots too.

"Justice, Inc.", sponsored in part by General Electric - "Bringing good things to life!"

So DL management is ready and willing to cut pilot salaries and benefits. What about management's own salaries and benies? Oh that's right, "we" HAVE to pay those princely sums in order to attract and retain such talent.:smash:

My sincerest best wishes to the employees at DL.

Latest resources

Back