• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...but the fact of the matter is that ANY pilot hired after 2007 has absolutely no right to be senior to a pilot who was hired prior to 9/11. Both companies went into BK on the same day!

Agreed.

No amount of whining I do, nor anything you can expound on this forum is going to convince 2000/2001 NWA hires that they didn't get worked over on the arbitration.

I think most agree your group in particular definitely got worked over, you've put 3 times more blood, sweat, & tears into this place.

Maybe one of the things that bothers us is that we hear this just get over it stance from someone who should just be quiet and try to understand where some of the dissappointment comes from. Like I was saying before, it would be very easy to have your position had I gotten the gift you got when the SLI came out.

I've already acknowledged in my post that "It's easy for me to say...." and in no way have told you directly to "get over anything". We all approach life differently, especially when it comes to things we have absolutely no control of come in to play.

I'm done here...all I orig set out to do was help a guy figure what he could hold. Sorry if I personally offended you, if you reread all of my post it certainly wasn't intentional and I think it would be a stretch to say it was my purpose.

Its not all one way brother. There are a lot of original Delta guys who live west, who currently hold western bases, who hired on at Delta because of said western bases who, with their families are about ready to get kicked east for what could be a long period of time. Those folks, including myself, would prefer to never have merged seeing how this all played out.

The fact the Delta merged with an airline with the largest presence in Asia of any US airline will be good for those who want to live and be based on the west coast. The Delta LAX and SLC bases are small and will eventually grow as will SEA. More Asia flying is coming, originating from the west coast. MSP and DTW will probably take a hit on Asia service as flying is shifted west. This also leads to more aircraft feeding the Asia flying, and more Delta pilots based out west.

Last edited:
The fact the Delta merged with an airline with the largest presence in Asia of any US airline will be good for those who want to live and be based on the west coast. The Delta LAX and SLC bases are small and will eventually grow as will SEA. More Asia flying is coming, originating from the west coast. MSP and DTW will probably take a hit on Asia service as flying is shifted west. This also leads to more aircraft feeding the Asia flying, and more Delta pilots based out west.

Fingers crossed. Sooner as opposed to later would be nice. In the mean time not looking good.

Boys...I came along at Delta about12 or 13 years after Delta merged with C&S airlines. I heard bitching until the last of both groups retired. Even after they retired, a fellow named Truman Outland kept paying a lawyer to fight the seniority list.Can`t remember if he was a Delta guy or a C&S guy. He kept it up until he died. That was about 1975 or 1980, I think. The net result was not one soul gained even one number or a dollar for all the effort. Other than raising their collective blood pressures, they only succeeded in boring the crap out at all of the new guys, myself included. Here`s some advice from a guy that has been through two mergers and an acquisition You ain`t gonna change a thing, and about all that can be accomplished is to make yourself miserable.

[This is going to be a good thing going forward, but it sure is going to be a tough pill to swallow watching those 1000+ pilots that weren't at a major when I was on FURLOUGH for 5 stinking years![/QUOTE]

I think Delta hired about 660 in 07-08. I can see how it would be a tough pill to swallow.

Boo Frickin Hoooo Redrum....

My heart bleeds for ya....give it a rest ya damn $hitstirrer......

You can have it all...Asia, Pacific......Been there, done it.....garbage flying!!!

Latest resources

Back