Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta posts a record $1.37 Billion third quarter profit, also small refinery profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nice to see that caving on scope and giving RJ's all the flying helps pad the profit sharing of those already there.

Rjs at the mainline gates in DTW. same at MSP and ATL. No disputing that.

yay.

nice to see that caving on scope and giving RJ's all the flying helps pad the profit sharing of those already there.

Rjs at the mainline gates in DTW. same at MSP and ATL. No disputing that.

yay.

Not so much anymore, especially in ATL. Most of the RJs have been pushed to Concourse D and some at E. I saw a gaggle of MD88s all around the North side of the C Concourse recently, which surprised me. And only a couple 717s have arrived(out of 88), while the CEO announced in the last conference call that 150 50 seaters will be parked in the next 2 years. MSP usually has some E175s parked along side mainline planes throughout G and F gates, but the rest of the RJs have always been at gates on the North side. Same with DTW, some CR9s and E175s park on the NE corner of our main terminal, but most park in their own terminal closer to 22L. Losing 150 50 seaters and adding 88 717s will change things.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not so much anymore, especially in ATL. Most of the RJs have been pushed to Concourse D and some at E. I saw a gaggle of MD88s all around the North side of the C Concourse recently, which surprised me. And only a couple 717s have arrived(out of 88), while the CEO announced in the last conference call that 150 50 seaters will be parked in the next 2 years. MSP usually has some E175s parked along side mainline planes throughout G and F gates, but the rest of the RJs have always been at gates on the North side. Same with DTW, some CR9s and E175s park on the NE corner of our main terminal, but most park in their own terminal closer to 22L. Losing 150 50 seaters and adding 88 717s will change things.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your appraisal of MSP is a little misleading. There used to be nothing with the rest of mainline (Compass now), and all of the RJ's/Saabs were A and B concourse with maybe 5 gates on C. Now there are no Saabs, and the jets are half way down the C concourse and the mixed in 175's with all of mainline. MSP is quickly becoming Memphis.

Your appraisal of MSP is a little misleading. There used to be nothing with the rest of mainline (Compass now), and all of the RJ's/Saabs were A and B concourse with maybe 5 gates on C. Now there are no Saabs, and the jets are half way down the C concourse and the mixed in 175's with all of mainline. MSP is quickly becoming Memphis.

In terms of RJs, maybe. There has been a gradual downsizing of planes and plane types, but NWA's "Mecca" has moved to ATL, so that is natural. They used to have more widebodies and 757s, which now have been replaced with Md90s. Smaller scale planes, but close to the same number of destinations. I have heard MSP is a very profitable base, with many large corporations based in MSP like 3M, Target, and Best Buy. I think DL wants to keep a large presence, but doesn't need to have as many 757s or larger, except to certain INTL hub cities like Narita, and KL/AF hubs in AMS and CDG. Those three right there provide plenty of Worldwide connections for those big businesses. Would I like to see more added? You bet. It's a shame the HNL nonstop was taken in favor of connections in LA or SLC, though. But, do 50 seaters need to be flying to Aberdeen or Peoria like before? I don't know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

In terms of RJs, maybe. There has been a gradual downsizing of planes and plane types, but NWA's "Mecca" has moved to ATL, so that is natural. They used to have more widebodies and 757s, which now have been replaced with Md90s. Smaller scale planes, but close to the same number of destinations. I have heard MSP is a very profitable base, with many large corporations based in MSP like 3M, Target, and Best Buy. I think DL wants to keep a large presence, but doesn't need to have as many 757s or larger, except to certain INTL hub cities like Narita, and KL/AF hubs in AMS and CDG. Those three right there provide plenty of Worldwide connections for those big businesses. Would I like to see more added? You bet. It's a shame the HNL nonstop was taken in favor of connections in LA or SLC, though. But, do 50 seaters need to be flying to Aberdeen or Peoria like before? I don't know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He's "heard" it's a profitable base. Because his cubicle is right down the hall from the route planners. Only route planners would be privvy to any of this info. What pilot even cares about this kind of information much less has time to sit on FI EVERY DAY while claiming he flies international. Look at his post history and what days. For his claims to be true, he'd have to be on FI while crossing the pond. Except our ERs don't have wifi. Oops.

This dork is not and has never been a pilot! Just ignore this dispatcher troll. He will go away.

So Delta devastates Comair. Then crushes Pinnacle into the carpet. After all that Delta pilots think Delta is going to give raises out of the kindness of their hearts. Interesting!

Better question is why does any airline need any feed? If a 50 seat airplane is the correct gauge for say PIA, then great, as long as it is flown by pilots on the mainline MSL. Every professional pilot at every company will suffer until we deal with scope issues and eliminate the regional sweatshops.

ALPA should focus more on the actual threat which is the 3 maskateers from the ME ( Emirates, Etihad and Qatar)

thats s the future problem for us.

We need to crush them and keep them out. No more routes

We dont want to see another Qantas f--- up

So Delta devastates Comair. Then crushes Pinnacle into the carpet. After all that Delta pilots think Delta is going to give raises out of the kindness of their hearts. Interesting!

Point those weren't DELTA employees. Sorry, they are just contractors.

Latest resources

Back