• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Delta posts a record $1.37 Billion third quarter profit, also small refinery profit

relief tube

Total Time
nice to see that caving on scope and giving RJ's all the flying helps pad the profit sharing of those already there.

Rjs at the mainline gates in DTW. same at MSP and ATL. No disputing that.

yay.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
nice to see that caving on scope and giving RJ's all the flying helps pad the profit sharing of those already there.

Rjs at the mainline gates in DTW. same at MSP and ATL. No disputing that.

yay.

Not so much anymore, especially in ATL. Most of the RJs have been pushed to Concourse D and some at E. I saw a gaggle of MD88s all around the North side of the C Concourse recently, which surprised me. And only a couple 717s have arrived(out of 88), while the CEO announced in the last conference call that 150 50 seaters will be parked in the next 2 years. MSP usually has some E175s parked along side mainline planes throughout G and F gates, but the rest of the RJs have always been at gates on the North side. Same with DTW, some CR9s and E175s park on the NE corner of our main terminal, but most park in their own terminal closer to 22L. Losing 150 50 seaters and adding 88 717s will change things.

Bye Bye---General Lee

bri5150

Total Time
Enough
Not so much anymore, especially in ATL. Most of the RJs have been pushed to Concourse D and some at E. I saw a gaggle of MD88s all around the North side of the C Concourse recently, which surprised me. And only a couple 717s have arrived(out of 88), while the CEO announced in the last conference call that 150 50 seaters will be parked in the next 2 years. MSP usually has some E175s parked along side mainline planes throughout G and F gates, but the rest of the RJs have always been at gates on the North side. Same with DTW, some CR9s and E175s park on the NE corner of our main terminal, but most park in their own terminal closer to 22L. Losing 150 50 seaters and adding 88 717s will change things.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your appraisal of MSP is a little misleading. There used to be nothing with the rest of mainline (Compass now), and all of the RJ's/Saabs were A and B concourse with maybe 5 gates on C. Now there are no Saabs, and the jets are half way down the C concourse and the mixed in 175's with all of mainline. MSP is quickly becoming Memphis.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Your appraisal of MSP is a little misleading. There used to be nothing with the rest of mainline (Compass now), and all of the RJ's/Saabs were A and B concourse with maybe 5 gates on C. Now there are no Saabs, and the jets are half way down the C concourse and the mixed in 175's with all of mainline. MSP is quickly becoming Memphis.

In terms of RJs, maybe. There has been a gradual downsizing of planes and plane types, but NWA's "Mecca" has moved to ATL, so that is natural. They used to have more widebodies and 757s, which now have been replaced with Md90s. Smaller scale planes, but close to the same number of destinations. I have heard MSP is a very profitable base, with many large corporations based in MSP like 3M, Target, and Best Buy. I think DL wants to keep a large presence, but doesn't need to have as many 757s or larger, except to certain INTL hub cities like Narita, and KL/AF hubs in AMS and CDG. Those three right there provide plenty of Worldwide connections for those big businesses. Would I like to see more added? You bet. It's a shame the HNL nonstop was taken in favor of connections in LA or SLC, though. But, do 50 seaters need to be flying to Aberdeen or Peoria like before? I don't know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

BOX OFFICE

Total Time
time
In terms of RJs, maybe. There has been a gradual downsizing of planes and plane types, but NWA's "Mecca" has moved to ATL, so that is natural. They used to have more widebodies and 757s, which now have been replaced with Md90s. Smaller scale planes, but close to the same number of destinations. I have heard MSP is a very profitable base, with many large corporations based in MSP like 3M, Target, and Best Buy. I think DL wants to keep a large presence, but doesn't need to have as many 757s or larger, except to certain INTL hub cities like Narita, and KL/AF hubs in AMS and CDG. Those three right there provide plenty of Worldwide connections for those big businesses. Would I like to see more added? You bet. It's a shame the HNL nonstop was taken in favor of connections in LA or SLC, though. But, do 50 seaters need to be flying to Aberdeen or Peoria like before? I don't know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He's "heard" it's a profitable base. Because his cubicle is right down the hall from the route planners. Only route planners would be privvy to any of this info. What pilot even cares about this kind of information much less has time to sit on FI EVERY DAY while claiming he flies international. Look at his post history and what days. For his claims to be true, he'd have to be on FI while crossing the pond. Except our ERs don't have wifi. Oops.

This dork is not and has never been a pilot! Just ignore this dispatcher troll. He will go away.

Twisted Mind

Total Time
3,000+
So Delta devastates Comair. Then crushes Pinnacle into the carpet. After all that Delta pilots think Delta is going to give raises out of the kindness of their hearts. Interesting!

GhettoBeechjet

Total Time
Better question is why does any airline need any feed? If a 50 seat airplane is the correct gauge for say PIA, then great, as long as it is flown by pilots on the mainline MSL. Every professional pilot at every company will suffer until we deal with scope issues and eliminate the regional sweatshops.

sniper

Total Time
ALPA should focus more on the actual threat which is the 3 maskateers from the ME ( Emirates, Etihad and Qatar)

thats s the future problem for us.

We need to crush them and keep them out. No more routes

We dont want to see another Qantas f--- up

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
So Delta devastates Comair. Then crushes Pinnacle into the carpet. After all that Delta pilots think Delta is going to give raises out of the kindness of their hearts. Interesting!

Point those weren't DELTA employees. Sorry, they are just contractors.

jetflier

Total Time
lot's
Time to get a new union, one that wants to enhance the careers of Delta Pilots. Record profits should boost pilots work rules, compensation and quality of life. APLA has proven that they can't do it, for whatever reason.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
You are the minority Jetflier.....

I wouldn't put any trust in the hasbeens and amateurs out parading around our property like they can fix things. We can do better is a slick slogan, but a horrible mission statement for the DPA.

Dan Roman

Total Time
Time to get a new union, one that wants to enhance the careers of Delta Pilots. Record profits should boost pilots work rules, compensation and quality of life. APLA has proven that they can't do it, for whatever reason.

Just curious, why do you think changing the capital letters old the union that represents you would change anything? You would still have the same pilot group. Seems to me it doesn't matter what the name of the union is, it's the membership that decides what they accomplish.
One thing you could count is being represented by a house divided for the rest of your career, at least you could make gains like USAPA has.

EV120

Are we there yet?
Total Time
9900+
Didn't DALPA have to opportunity 13+ years ago to make all flying "in house" and the idea was shot down?

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
Didn't DALPA have to opportunity 13+ years ago to make all flying "in house" and the idea was shot down?

Nope,

Unless you are speaking of the huge land grab the Comair clowns tried to pull off with date of hire.....

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
Point those weren't DELTA employees. Sorry, they are just contractors.
Point,
Do you really think that when they are done with those "contractors" you won't be in the crosshairs next?
Just a couple of decades ago, mainline pilots everywhere were stabbed in the tater, by management, and when they finish with the regionals you will be moved back to the top position of the "to do" list. Prepare for the pain.

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total

You gonna be the MEC chair? Didn't think so, probably conflict with your crochet/knitting schedule. Read what you posted, if it wasn't a joke, you are either a management shill, or "plane" stupid.

Twisted Mind

Total Time
3,000+
Bill,

They aren't Delta employees. Well now who could argue with that logic? We have people willing to fly DC-9-10 sized airplanes for $35K a year and poor benefits. But Delta pilots DESERVE to fly DC-9-88's for $130k and good benefits/ work rules.

There is 2 ways to get contract improvements.
1. Leverage- Strike/ work action. The National Labor relation board is not going to allow a strike at Delta.

2. Trade/ sell- What are you willing to give up for a pay raise?

HowardBorden

Total Time
14000+
Just curious, why do you think changing the capital letters old the union that represents you would change anything? You would still have the same pilot group. Seems to me it doesn't matter what the name of the union is, it's the membership that decides what they accomplish.
When two separate groups of workers are paying dues to the same national union all while vying for a larger portion of the production output and the increased compensation and growth associated with those gains; one can argue that each side would be better represented by a union which only focuses on their specific needs as opposed to one attempting to further both groups agendas.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
Bill,

They aren't Delta employees. Well now who could argue with that logic? We have people willing to fly DC-9-10 sized airplanes for $35K a year and poor benefits. But Delta pilots DESERVE to fly DC-9-88's for $130k and good benefits/ work rules.

There is 2 ways to get contract improvements.
1. Leverage- Strike/ work action. The National Labor relation board is not going to allow a strike at Delta.

2. Trade/ sell- What are you willing to give up for a pay raise?

I agree with all you said but Number two gives me pause.....

No need to give up anything to recover from a Bankruptcy era contract. Part of the reason I voted no this last go-around.....too much given up for gain. But "we" voted for it.....