• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta plans to open Saab 340 base at Atlanta hub

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta has sought relief from the 80% number that Skywest Inc will operate out of ATL. SkyWest Inc granted it for a year. So, I hear now that ASA is getting a Snaab program together. The 340's will moved over and operated by ASA folks about a year after the consolidation is finished.[/quote.

I 'll bet money that doesn't happen. Where did you hear that ASA was starting this program from?

He made it up!

DID NOT! A guy on the crew bus told me. His sister dates a guy that knows a girl that is cousin twice removed from a dude in the know at Delta. If that ain't reliable, I would not know what is then. :)

DID NOT! A guy on the crew bus told me. His sister dates a guy that knows a girl that is cousin twice removed from a dude in the know at Delta. If that ain't reliable, I would not know what is then. :)

That's a proven source on Flightinfo!

Trojan

Again, besides the highly regarded crew room rumors, what is the source of this? Saab (a very healthy company)and the oem's have plenty of parts-when is the last time a plane was down while waiting more than a day for a part? Can you provide an example?

As for GE...someone is seriously yanking your chain. The CT7 engine is used in multiple rotorcraft, aircraft and many of these are military applications. It is put on newer aircraft (the Sikorsky S92 for example). GE has a ton of support for the powerplant and will for a long time to come. Again, where the hell are you getting this crap?

Wow I've never really been called out on FI like this before, I don't know if I should be insulted or honored.

#1 I like the Saabomatic it's what I fly and its a great airplane I hope Big Buck is right and its around for a long time.

#2 When is the last time SAAB produced a new aircraft that wasn't military? the next time I fly 457XJ I will look at the airworthyness certificate and let you know when they made the last B+. They made a handful of Saab2000s which from what I have heard is to bad, because they were a great airplane, but sadly the French beat them by about 6 mounths on the ATR72 type certificate which is why there are so many ATRs around and not so many Saab2000s.

#3 The CT7s are produced in great numbers for many applications, however the CT7-9B are to the best of my knowledge only used in the SF340B+ and I am sure that there is not alot of parts interchangability (sp). Just the differences between the A, B-, and B+ had pilots not to mention mechanics pulling their hair out.

#4 Q300s make sense because they are a great fit and Bombarder is at least on the same continent. The last time I had to deal with a broke airplane that required Saab counsultation it took about 12 hours for them to tell us "sorry figure it out yourself".

My 2 cents

#2 When is the last time SAAB produced a new aircraft that wasn't military? the next time I fly 457XJ I will look at the airworthyness certificate and let you know when they made the last B+. They made a handful of Saab2000s which from what I have heard is to bad, because they were a great airplane, but sadly the French beat them by about 6 mounths on the ATR72 type certificate which is why there are so many ATRs around and not so many Saab2000s.

I'm not sure, but I thought Saab made 3 that went to China Airlines before they shut the line down.

The Saab 2000's was shut down because of the onset of the RJ's. I believe they tried to market it just when the CRJ's came about. At that time it was a tuff sell over an RJ.

Now not so much!

I see the Saab 2000's in CLT sometimes. From what I understand a racing team owns 2 of them. Sweet looking machine it is.

Long since sold the three they had to Hendricks motorsports. I believe GM only has Gulfstreams now, got rid of all the CE-750s.

Latest resources

Back