Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots stapled to the bottom of the list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Speedbird34

This is totally unfair. But I never supported the Merger anyway. Hoping the new Airline works out and the years we shall all spend on reserve as we get displaced does not hurt too much.
No protection from layoffs or displacement. The award has too many holes in it as regards displacement due to shrinking airplanes or moving equipment around.
We have already had displacements in system wide. I hope we have leave of absence when we begin shrinking. we get to keep our numbers during the layoff and also travel bennies. So we can go fly somewhere else and return when we can hold a line on a B767ER under my present conditions.

They were hired after the merger was announced on 04/14/08. Why would they expect anything but date of hire?

This is totally unfair. But I never supported the Merger anyway. Hoping the new Airline works out and the years we shall all spend on reserve as we get displaced does not hurt too much.
No protection from layoffs or displacement. The award has too many holes in it as regards displacement due to shrinking airplanes or moving equipment around.
We have already had displacements in system wide. I hope we have leave of absence when we begin shrinking. we get to keep our numbers during the layoff and also travel bennies. So we can go fly somewhere else and return when we can hold a line on a B767ER under my present conditions.

Well the arbitrators basically used a mathematical method to make sure every body had the same % on the list as they had on the old list. If you were zero before you are zero now. And there are furlough protections...

They were hired after the merger was announced on 04/14/08. Why would they expect anything but date of hire?

We were hired at the same time as folks 2-3 classes ahead of us, had id cards, employee numbers, and class dates. So why should we be treated differently?

We were hired at the same time as folks 2-3 classes ahead of us, had id cards, employee numbers, and class dates. So why should we be treated differently?

I believe this was negotiated in the JCBA. The arbitrators are not singling anyone out, they are following what both sides unions (NWA & DAL) had already decided on. When was the last NWA class? Maybe that was something they used to pick that date.

Last edited:

To Quote Puff Driver from another thread...":crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: ".

I guess you should have applied sooner, like 2007. If you would have gotten hired then, you'd be senior to our 2000 hires. Besides, you knew what you were getting into, would you have turned the job down if you were told(before your class date) you'd be junior to everyone at the new DAL?

Last edited:
As for Speedbird...

Anyone that is going to come on this board and complain about not being able to hold their seat in a 767 when they are sitting at the bottom of a 12,000 pilot list deserves any flame they have coming.

You can blame the possibility of your horrible luck on the merger all you want, but as a fellow Delta pilot I fully believe with this economy the reduction in capacity and rumored displacements would still be going down.

Here you go:

Pilots hired after April 14, 2008, shall be junior to all pilots on the ISSL
and shall be listed in order of date of hire consistent with the Joint
Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA.).

I was in one of the first classes cancelled at NWA. I will be happy to trade with you so I can enure your mistreatment.

Heyas,

DAL made a huge issue about this in their briefs. I told everyone that the date of constructive notification was going to be very important, and the arbitrators did EXACTLY what was the precident, which was DOH.

The Mesaba flow ups kept their number and place on the list. A very small win for the NWA side.

Nu

Latest resources

Back