Delta Pilots Association-Yes!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People....XJ hit it on the head.....

It doesn't matter WHO represents us. We voted for EVERYTHING that has come down at this place....scope? Voted for it.....RJs.....voted for them too....

Delta Pilots need to stare at the mirror if they want to know the problem. A new union won't fix that.

Hey Scoreboard? How did the NPA at Airtran do? Or maybe the APA and their 5+year fight for a contract? or how about FAPA?.......yeah, i'll take my chances with ALPA. Southwest is just one example of one that may have worked....and don't bring the IPA into this either....apples and oranges.

Laters.....I gotta go take a CAPA!!!

You're speaking of ALPA. Get your card in Bill, you'll thank me. Cheers

Super!! Then can I get a lanyard and those cool stickers you guys are rocking? All that swag, with no plan for the future....

I've seen your "org chart"......I wouldn't let most of those people negotiate a winding road!

I would imagine management is pretty excited about such a concept.

People....XJ hit it on the head.....

It doesn't matter WHO represents us. We voted for EVERYTHING that has come down at this place....scope? Voted for it.....RJs.....voted for them too....

Delta Pilots need to stare at the mirror if they want to know the problem. A new union won't fix that.

Hey Scoreboard? How did the NPA at Airtran do? Or maybe the APA and their 5+year fight for a contract? or how about FAPA?.......yeah, i'll take my chances with ALPA. Southwest is just one example of one that may have worked....and don't bring the IPA into this either....apples and oranges.

Laters.....I gotta go take a CAPA!!!

Don't forget USAPA, You are correct about SWAPA. Any success they have had can be thanks too enlightend management as much as anything else. It's pretty weak to try and recommend an in house union to someone who doesn't enjoy the same dynamic.

Oh and I must say ALPA is not perfect but just remember that MOST who work for ALPA (and arguably the hardest) are volunteers and are helping you out by fighting the company while they could be at home with their family. I have not been pleased with a lot of things ALPA has done and voice my opinion and fight for what I think should be done (as is my right), but stand behind my union and my reps.

disclaimer-I am pretty bitter that ALPA does not have a solid merger policy in effect. I cannot believe an organization would leave its members at the discression of an arbitrator. I lost about half my seniority in the Mesaba/Pinnacle/colgan merger. Some gained 10% while some lost about that much. Why would ALPA allow a group to lose so much (relative-DOH-longevity-) while giving it to another group? Even my career expectations were not honored. ALPA-you need to have a policy in effect to stop such things from happening. If we all know ALPA's merger policy-then we go into it eyes wide open. As it sits, many of us were stabbed in the back by ALPA's lack of a national policy.

XJ....welcome to the club.....now get furloughed and a divorce and you are a real airline pilot!

No Merger policy can be a one-size-fits-all. Every one of them will go to an arbiter....no question.

As far as I'm concerned, unions are 50% the people YOU elect and 50% National politics. If the RLA states that you must jump through these hoops, then by God you will have to. If a judge is about to place an unfavorable ruling on your group, there is very little any union can do to defend against that. It's the law of the land.

Latest resources

Back