Delta pilot arrested.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will the plane be for sale?

I love how he sliced through the corn or wheat or whatever that crop was right before touchdown. Seriously though, I wanna go get some lessons from this guy in that DC-3 now. How much you reckon that runs ya?

The same as an MD-80 type rating.

Ask Joe Merchant. I did not know they had WiFi in the slammer. Guess it's everywhere now.

I wish....I'd love to be able to fly a DC3...Now that is SJS as far as I'm concerned....:D

Slaquer? Never heard back from you. Even General Lee responds when we don't agree..

He is currently crying in the corner after our last debate. And, I try to respond to everyone, hence the 13,000+ posts.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

With our procedures though, if you have a 45 minute hub turn with a plane swap before a transcon, it sure helps if the CA does the walk around if the FO is PF.

Why is that? Just curious.....

Flight plans take a while to type in, with winds and forecast pages. Position reporting fixes and for international, all the FIR's & Ball Notes and highlighting.

If the FO is doing everything it cuts into his Starbucks line time. Worst case scenario could result in cold airline coffee.

Here is an interesting article about another incident in Georgia involving Code Enforcement Officers.

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-regional/13013721-1.html

...The inquiry is also to determine whether disciplinary action should be taken against Mickey Melton, the code enforcement worker who called 911.
During the 911 call, Melton told the operator: "This guy here, we're fixing to have to whip his a--." He then asked for a police car to be dispatched.
It is unclear whether Melton made the statement within earshot of Reagin, although a comment Melton made immediately afterward suggests that it was. Melton told Reagin, in a statement which can be heard in the 911 call, "We're not in your yard."

So...my question is this...if a "Code Enforcement Officer" has no arrest powers...but yet detains you anyway...and you felt threatened...you told them you were going to start the engines in 2 seconds so get the hell off the wing...and they didn't....anyway...don't be so quick to judge.

Why is that? Just curious.....

Ad lib got it pretty much spot on...

At DL we trade off who loads the FMS depending on who's flying. With a plane swap before a long flight, you're typically going to be targetting getting food to bring along, then walking around the plane (esp a 767 which is quite a longer walk), then building your nest, reviewing the logbooks, loading the FMS and all the winds... it gets to be a bit of a time crunch.

I'll delay putting the winds in sometimes until we're underway if we're esp pressed for time.

Ad lib got it pretty much spot on...

At DL we trade off who loads the FMS depending on who's flying. With a plane swap before a long flight, you're typically going to be targetting getting food to bring along, then walking around the plane (esp a 767 which is quite a longer walk), then building your nest, reviewing the logbooks, loading the FMS and all the winds... it gets to be a bit of a time crunch.

I'll delay putting the winds in sometimes until we're underway if we're esp pressed for time.

How long does it take to load the FMS? I'm still not that fast on it yet, but I can do it in less than 5 minutes....How many wind inputs do you have to put in?

How long does it take to load the FMS? I'm still not that fast on it yet, but I can do it in less than 5 minutes....How many wind inputs do you have to put in?

I'm pretty dang quick on it... a short leg it'll only take a couple minutes... for a long leg it's more tedious.

Up to 3 different altitudes on for a transcon usually... those are typically around 80 waypoints with 30 or so wind points. The better info you feed george, the better efficiency the airplane will get, as well as the better info it will spit back.

The ER jets have auto-uplink on international flights for the entire FMC load plus winds and performance. Cuts about 15 minutes out of the preflight process... pretty snazzy!

As far as the other guy helping out, if we're pressed on time and the CA doesn't want to walkaround, many times they'll get the FMC load going.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back