Delta pilot arrested.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, but that's funny.

Funny... I was landing yesterday afternoon- winds were out of the northeast gusting to 25, and the only people asking for a windcheck were the Aceys. I thought DAL owned wind checks...

Ah, irony.

To be true to my DAL buddies. I was asking for wind checks from home!

CRJ567, I am not making an excuse. I am telling you that I have seen the same type of report in the past, and after a lot of this and that, it turned out to be very Barney Fife.

Code Enforcement Officers? CEOs? WTF does that mean?

Found this:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san serif]Spalding County Code Enforcement plays an important role in enhancing the quality of life of the community through enforcement of county ordinances, including the littering, solid waste disposal, and no through trucks ordinances.

Doesn't sound like these "officers" are empowered to impound aircraft or detain pilots.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Found this:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san serif]Spalding County Code Enforcement plays an important role in enhancing the quality of life of the community through enforcement of county ordinances, including the littering, solid waste disposal, and no through trucks ordinances.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san serif]Doesn't sound like these "officers" are empowered to impound aircraft or detain pilots.
[/FONT]

Exactly. I'd have a hard time complying with orders from these stooges too.

Found this:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san serif]Spalding County Code Enforcement plays an important role in enhancing the quality of life of the community through enforcement of county ordinances, including the littering, solid waste disposal, and no through trucks ordinances.

Doesn't sound like these "officers" are empowered to impound aircraft or detain pilots.
[/FONT]

The serial killer BTK was a Code Enforcer. He used his position to harass the locals who didn't have their dog on a leash or grass cut. Oh, and to stalk out victims.

I would like to hear the pilots side of the story. He probably thought these "Code Enforcers" were a joke (which sounds like they are) and he just blew them off. They, feeling slighted by a pilot decided to escalate the situation and called Boss Hog and Rosco to shut down the busy uncontrolled Griffin airport.

p.s. they ever re-build the Piggly Wiggly taken out off the end of the runway?

Last edited:
Amazing how blatantly envious of DAL pilots some of the people are on here and quick to start pointing fingers based on one "news" article. Which of course may or may not be riddled with half truths or missing important info.
But the worst is you guys that like to lump certain behavior with certain airlines. Most pilots I've met from all kinds of backgrounds are good folks. Yes, there are a few jerks at every airline, no one has more than any other that I can see.
Just like Captains who are always complaining about F/O's and F/O's who always complain about Captains, it's usually the complainer that is the weak link. Well I would say you guys who need to constantly stereotype people have a serious inferiority complex.
Geez, especially you DAL RJ guys. The only reason you have a job is because of DAL. If you can't get hired at DAL, so be it, but you look like morons calling them names because of it.

Amazing how blatantly envious of DAL pilots some of the people are on here and quick to start pointing fingers based on one "news" article. Which of course may or may not be riddled with half truths or missing important info.
But the worst is you guys that like to lump certain behavior with certain airlines. Most pilots I've met from all kinds of backgrounds are good folks. Yes, there are a few jerks at every airline, no one has more than any other that I can see.
Just like Captains who are always complaining about F/O's and F/O's who always complain about Captains, it's usually the complainer that is the weak link. Well I would say you guys who need to constantly stereotype people have a serious inferiority complex.
Geez, especially you DAL RJ guys. The only reason you have a job is because of DAL. If you can't get hired at DAL, so be it, but you look like morons calling them names because of it.

Well heck, I was coming back to this thread to see what filth our favorite flamer was going to post, and I read your post. Its the truth.
enough said.....

Latest resources

Back