Delta number 1 AGAIN, 4 years in a row!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah TEAM!!!!!!

You guys are all jealous, it's obvious. And it's great you all care about the service, especially Dumb Pilot. His hero must be the Korean Air VP who made the plane in JFK return to the gate because the lead FA served peanuts in a bag! Oh the humanity! Dumb Pilot must have gasped aloud......

Bye Bye---General Lee

We are all very familiar with your deflection tactics when your arguments are weak..., stay on topic because I'm not going to engage you in junior high type exchanges....! Why do airlines from countries that have as strict or even stricter labour and discrimination laws as the US do so well year after year in terms of service? And more importantly, why do US carriers are doing worst every year? Specially DAL that seems to be on its way out of the top 50....! Just pathetic.

You guys are all jealous, it's obvious. And it's great you all care about the service, especially Dumb Pilot. His hero must be the Korean Air VP who made the plane in JFK return to the gate because the lead FA served peanuts in a bag! Oh the humanity! Dumb Pilot must have gasped aloud......

Bye Bye---General Lee

What is Delta doing to improve their customer service? Dumb Pilot is correct..foreign carriers are superior in the customer service department, and the US carriers are getting worse and doing nothing about, or so it seems.

We are all very familiar with your deflection tactics when your arguments are weak..., stay on topic because I'm not going to engage you in junior high type exchanges....! Why do airlines from countries that have as strict or even stricter labour and discrimination laws as the US do so well year after year in terms of service? And more importantly, why do US carriers are doing worst every year? Specially DAL that seems to be on its way out of the top 50....! Just pathetic.

Again, intentional sampling bias. And like Sig said, every airline's number one to someone no one cares about.

Husband: 'wow, that airline's ranking number one by Skytrax, let's fly them'.
Wife: 'Who's Skytrax'?
Husband: 'I don't know, but numbnuts airline was ranked number one'
Wife: 'How much are the tickets on numbnuts compared to cattlecar airlines'?
Husband: 'About $100 extra per person'.
Wife: 'WHAAAA'? (insert dramatic chipmunk) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw
'I could use that money to get a massage at our hotel'!
... and so, the wife gets a massage at the hotel and they fly cattlecar airlines.

GL was wrong to post this award crap.
DumbPilot was wrong to make a big deal about airline rankings from yet another stupid company that hands out awards to any airline that pays it to conduct surveys.
Kharma Police was wrong to post award crap about LUV on another thread in response to this thread.

And I'm WAY wrong to post this 2014 Airline of the Year award given to United Airlines: http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=83680&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1993910

Last edited:
What is Delta doing to improve their customer service? Dumb Pilot is correct..foreign carriers are superior in the customer service department, and the US carriers are getting worse and doing nothing about, or so it seems.

I strongly disagree. I've ridden foreign and domestic carriers. Service levels always depend on the side of the curtain you're on.
Single digit seat - service is great, no matter the airline
Double digit seat - service is comparable, no matter the airline

I find F short haul on most foreign carriers to be an inferior product to short haul F in the US (except express service). Foreign short haul F is comparable to F for domestic express carriers.

If you or your employer aren't willing to pay seven digits for international long haul F, this entire topic is like discussing the merits of a Lamborghini vs a Bugatti. I drive a Porsche Cayman S; that's as exotic as I'm willing to flush money down the toilet. Do you drive a Lamborghini or Bugatti?

DumbPilot was wrong to make a big deal about airline rankings from yet another stupid company that hands out awards to any airline that pays it to conduct surveys.]

Absolute none sense! The service is not even comparable!

But if it makes you feel better, I won't help to manipulate the data and keep UAL on my no fly list. The service is crap, I wouldn't give the food they serve to my dog, and I learned my lesson not to walk on my socks in those filthy carpets.

Let's not make silly excuses about data manipulation, or even stupid ones about the age of the cabin attendants and start recognizing that the US carriers are just not doing a very good job in terms of service......, that is the first step towards fixing the problem.

Wow Dumb Pilot, you are seriously flipping out. Andy figured out the scam, and your reliance on that survey to prove your point was shattered. Go back to Narita and the Noodle House and try not to choke on a Gyoza.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I strongly disagree. I've ridden foreign and domestic carriers. Service levels always depend on the side of the curtain you're on.
Single digit seat - service is great, no matter the airline
Double digit seat - service is comparable, no matter the airline

I find F short haul on most foreign carriers to be an inferior product to short haul F in the US (except express service). Foreign short haul F is comparable to F for domestic express carriers.

If you or your employer aren't willing to pay seven digits for international long haul F, this entire topic is like discussing the merits of a Lamborghini vs a Bugatti. I drive a Porsche Cayman S; that's as exotic as I'm willing to flush money down the toilet. Do you drive a Lamborghini or Bugatti?

I think Andy is my new best friend!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back