• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Not Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of this remember that age 65 took effect 12.13.2007 so 12.14.2012 will yield the first 65 retirees. (Of note I have flown with a few 60+ers and all but one are punching at 63.

Delta is allowed to take 25% of the list (360*.25) so 90 would make more sense.

They also keep telling us that our a/c utilization is increasing and that is the reason for hiring. Who really knows?

Right, who knows.. however, Delta can limit the amount of numbers they take from Compass to whatever they want ( I know what the flowthrough says-- but real world actions are and most likely will be different-- its just how business works). They are not going to put themselves in a shortage problem on the regional side of things. There is precedent here for many airlines in the past when hiring from their regionals. They dont shoot themselves in the foot.

But one thing is for sure... and that is "who knows". They could take all 90-ish ( or a % amount depending on the possible amount being hired).

I think Delta is planning to hire a few hundred...my guess is starting early next year.... I had a fortune teller read it from some grains of coffee!

But in the end... who knows. :)

Of course DAL will not admit to hiring. (Legal tight rope)

Gen is correct, and if you look past the next year the need for pilots is going to go through the roof. It is better to start adding bodies now, than to wait too long and have the operation need bodies to maintain when we would need them to grow. In three years the economy is going to be kicking, and when it is, DAL starts a steady flow of old farts out the door. Even a few 100 a year makes it really hard to replace attrition and grow at the same time

On a side note, I have no idea how they are going to deal with the few years we are going to be shucking 800+ out the door.

Great points!

Too many people are thinking doom and gloom because of how "things" are today or at a snapshot in time.... time keeps ticking and things change day to day. And getting in front of the ball is only prudent planning on DALs part.

Last edited:
Right, who knows.. however, Delta can limit the amount of numbers they take from Compass to whatever they want ( I know what the flowthrough says-- but real world actions are and most likely will be different-- its just how business works). They are not going to put themselves in a shortage problem on the regional side of things. There is precedent here for many airlines in the past when hiring from their regionals. They dont shoot themselves in the foot.

But one thing is for sure... and that is "who knows". They could take all 90-ish ( or a % amount depending on the possible amount being hired).

I think Delta is planning to hire a few hundred...my guess is starting early next year.... I had a fortune teller read it from some grains of coffee!

But in the end... who knows. :)

I agree they wont let a disruption happen at compass so I would think Delta would give compass a heads up to hire in advance of delta hiring.

In fact talking to folks from the compass HR department they meet with delta HR on a regular basis concerning this point.

Also within the agreement it allows Compass to retain flow pilots for 3 months to hire replacements. The retained pilot is given a seniority number at Delta on what would have been his or her original class date.

But we are all speculating at this point!:)

I think you guys are all smoking crack! It would shock me if
we actually hire in the next 12 months, but I hope to god you are
right...a long ways from what we were thinking like 3 months ago on
this forum:)

Latest resources

Back