• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Not Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course DAL will not admit to hiring. (Legal tight rope)

Gen is correct, and if you look past the next year the need for pilots is going to go through the roof. It is better to start adding bodies now, than to wait too long and have the operation need bodies to maintain when we would need them to grow. In three years the economy is going to be kicking, and when it is, DAL starts a steady flow of old farts out the door. Even a few 100 a year makes it really hard to replace attrition and grow at the same time

On a side note, I have no idea how they are going to deal with the few years we are going to be shucking 800+ out the door.

I hope this is the case! I'm pretty much barely over the mins as a new PIC with the military (reserves). I wonder with all the experience on the street what kind of times they will be looking to interview guys with?

I wouldn't be surprised the airlineapps change of status is just a routine system check, though it'd be awful nice to tell my Captains that I'm not on probation anymore.

Of this remember that age 65 took effect 12.13.2007 so 12.14.2012 will yield the first 65 retirees. (Of note I have flown with a few 60+ers and all but one are punching at 63.

exactly, those numbers assume EVERYONE keeps on flying till forced out. Most wont go all the way to 65. Also you have to consider the upcoming FAA rule changes that will effect staffing and upcoming increased block hours as the economy starts its uptick. Hiring is likely going to happen much sooner than people realize.

I wouldn't be surprised the airlineapps change of status is just a routine system check, though it'd be awful nice to tell my Captains that I'm not on probation anymore.
It wasnt a change on airlineapps, it was a change on delta.com. It now says they're accepting resumes and apps for future hiring.

http://www.deltajobs.net/pilots.htm

When they start hiring Flight Attendants, they will start hiring pilots shortly thereafter.

It was the opposite last cycle.

Pilots were going through class about 4 months before the first FA's started going through class.

Latest resources

Back