• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest merger will pick up steam soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta and Northwest can take their time, look at the America West/UsAir deal!!!! How many years has it been?

The only thing DAL/NWA have in common with LCC/AWA is the word merger.

BTW, please keep a union out of JB, it will make it so much easier to staple or discard you when we buy you for the JFK slots

BTW, please keep a union out of JB, it will make it so much easier to staple or discard you when we buy you for the JFK slots

If they were smart it would be the only reason to vote a union in. It would allow an eight year guy to be senior to a 20 year DAL guy.

If they were smart it would be the only reason to vote a union in. It would allow an eight year guy to be senior to a 20 year DAL guy.

Hence the word IF!
I mean after Blue Bayou and his BOB buds were so instrumental in bringing so many positives into the industry, especially their attempt at making transcon TURNS a reality!

That was slightly nasty. I know a couple guys over there and they are really good dudes. Also, jetBlue does a great job getting people to work. I also want us to do well, I just do not wish bad things on others.

Slinky

My...My...My...

You really need to learn to read financial stuff, then go and find theirs. I am not saying they would be the best company to work for, but as far as making money goes-they flat out kick ass!

Yeah, Flat OUT....they fly BIG JETS....something you'll never see junior....

Allegiant IS a good company, where were you and that comment maybe a year ago?

Totally different animal.....Delta and Allegiant goes like you and good pilot skills....not even close to being the same.

My...My...My...

You really need to learn to read financial stuff, then go and find theirs. I am not saying they would be the best company to work for, but as far as making money goes-they flat out kick ass!

Are you even a pilot? Who care how much the company makes. Look at their pay rates? Why dont you talk your CRJ brothers into getting paid even less so your company can make lots of money! Youre a Moron!

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/allegiant.html

Yep-screw everyone. Every employee, investor, and contractor you can find. Pissing people off is sure to give you the most possible "synergy."

-Just wait, Gen-it is coming. First SWA will roll on in, then you will start seeing more and more ALGT planes full of all the passengers your gifted leaders have pissed off... You had better pray every night to whatever you worship that ALGT doesn't get a foothold in your backyard-you will definitely not want to "compete" with any airline so clearly capable of kicking every last ounce of living dog snot out of you.

-7.5 CASM, chief.....You don't want that-anywhere, anyhow.

It's coming, eh? Wow, we have never competed against SWA ever, anywhere. As Scope RJs says, you need to start worrying more about your own job. As Southwest grows, we will dump more and more RJs which are less efficient and cost more (higher CASM). If you are left after all of the parkings, your only trips will take you to BFE cities that Southwest or Airtran wouldn't want to go to, like Albany, GA and Evansville, IN. It will become so boring and repetitive for you, that you will be dreaming about your fry shift and also cleaning the urinal cakes and dipping them in ranch sauce. It will be pathetic. Enjoy!

Bye Bye--General Lee

ALPA really helped those TWA and ATA guys during their merger/aquisitions... How many TWA folks are at AA now? How many ATA guys/gals are at SWA? How much love is there at Cactus?

See that is the difference. An ALPA carrier and a non-ALPA carrier.

I say go for an in house union. Fact is that if TWA or ATA would have been acquired by a ALPA carrier their status in the SLI would have been a lot better.

I typed more, but I will let you figure the rest out.

Latest resources

Back