• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest merger will pick up steam soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing DAL/NWA have in common with LCC/AWA is the word merger.

BTW, please keep a union out of JB, it will make it so much easier to staple or discard you when we buy you for the JFK slots
Why, so your management can add more rj's there?

ALPA really helped those TWA and ATA guys during their merger/aquisitions... How many TWA folks are at AA now? How many ATA guys/gals are at SWA? How much love is there at Cactus?

Well, when you end up in arbitration over SLI integration who's gonna represent you? McCaskill Bond provides a process, not an outcome. I would think you guys would want some sort of collective bargaining agent going into that.

Fair and Equitable is an interpretive target. I'll take my ALPA MEC and their collective strength and assets vs. 200) individual contracts in an SLI arbitration. Good luck if you ever go there.

How is it that Delta didn't have to give any gates up in Atl? Shows you the dirty BS politics Delta is involved in. Should have had to give up at least 3 gates in Atl. Unless im wrong I don't think they gave any up.

That does not mean they will not swap gates on D for gets on F when it opens.
Like the three NWA gates for international gates and there ya go, three gates for SWA!

Well, when you end up in arbitration over SLI integration who's gonna represent you? McCaskill Bond provides a process, not an outcome. I would think you guys would want some sort of collective bargaining agent going into that.

Fair and Equitable is an interpretive target. I'll take my ALPA MEC and their collective strength and assets vs. 200) individual contracts in an SLI arbitration. Good luck if you ever go there.

Awww, come on, Gen Lee would make the perfect negotiator.... He would give up scope, pay, retirement, and pretty much anything else you ask for if he could just get one front-page article in the AJC telling everyone how freaking great he is.

Awww, come on, Gen Lee would make the perfect negotiator.... He would give up scope, pay, retirement, and pretty much anything else you ask for if he could just get one front-page article in the AJC telling everyone how freaking great he is.

I think I liked it better when you posted under Tanker Clown...Less,when you change your name that makes me add another to my ignore list.

Oh, how is it polishing that General's knob, I mean shoes these days or have you moved on to more important things like pumping the neighbor's dog? Fact is you will hate on every airline since you will never be a part of one...sad really.

And now on to the control panel to add you to my ignore list, again.

Maybe a little off topic but does anyone know how long the "differences training" for DAL Flight Attendants is learning the new NWA planes?

Xfr8dog:

Assume U did not get furloughed? How is the airline biz going?

I'm schd to have my base moved to DBX in a couple of weeks.

cliff
NBO

Yep-screw everyone. Every employee, investor, and contractor you can find. Pissing people off is sure to give you the most possible "synergy."

-Just wait, Gen-it is coming. First SWA will roll on in, then you will start seeing more and more ALGT planes full of all the passengers your gifted leaders have pissed off... You had better pray every night to whatever you worship that ALGT doesn't get a foothold in your backyard-you will definitely not want to "compete" with any airline so clearly capable of kicking every last ounce of living dog snot out of you.

-7.5 CASM, chief.....You don't want that-anywhere, anyhow.

Delta is cutting RJ's and will grow mainline. Less low paying jobs, more better paying jobs.
How is that screwing?
Ask anyone - more better paying jobs is a plus for any company.

Its not screwing, its good news! ( if it transpires )

Less regional flying and more mainline flying is a good thing...

Anyone who takes a job at a regional should know: its basicly contract work, someone else owns the flying ( its not theirs to own in the first place) and can change the deal as they see fit when $$ is involved.... regionals grow and shrink, no one is entitled to "certain flying" at the regionals... its all owned by mainline anyway.

So knowing this, it should not be a suprise when cuts are made or flying is shifted around at regionals...its part of the deal. Its part of life in this industry, be prepared and adapt as needed.

Latest resources

Back