• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree andyd. I have only met Dave a couple of times, but guys like himself that are in direct fire due to the MECs inability to look past their own egos, have a lot riding on the next few years and anything that benefits someone at their seniority only benefits the rest of us. On APC the attacks appear to be coming from other candidates and current MEC members(in my opinon anyways), however, it shows to me that Dave and others like him are the right choice. Tell everyone to vote.

I have heard rumblings about a possible DFW base again too. Using MD90s, hitting select cities (mainly our INTL hubs) to feed them for INTL flights. We apparently have a lot of platinum medallion customers still wanting another choice in DFW other than AA. I doubt that a new DFW base will ever be close to the size it once was, but that is better than nothing. We will see........

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have heard that too Gen. Lee. it makes sense, delta now has alot of metal they can play with. Thus, entertaining virtual basing makes sense. Delta could cherry pick all over the country to bring into their international hubs in addition to the current structure. Just a thought.

Don't be fooled by the 'actively seeking 100 seat' mantra. It's a tired smokescreen to get bargaining leverage. The company needs a panacea to keep the perma-f/os optimistic about movement versus being rightfully pissed off (and militant about scope and work rules) at losing their (my) left seat to Connection flying.

Don't swallow the blue pill.

No blue pill here. Just want the 100 seater here and scope lots of it and more flying done by ONLY Delta pilots.

well we just welcomed 5500 or so angry North types...no offense intended, you are all very welcome. But PLEASE join the fray and vote to make some changes.

Unfortunately, alot of the 5500 "angry" north types aren't as "angry" as you think. This is not the same group that struck in '98.

We had our lipservice "line in the sand" with regards to greater than 50 seat rj's. That line was obliterated. But hey, it's all good, we got to keep crew meals and laundry service on international flights.

After seeing the results of the council 20 nomination vote, I don't have much confidence in a changing of the same-ole-same-ole.

No blue pill here. Just want the 100 seater here and scope lots of it and more flying done by ONLY Delta pilots.
1st. This thread starts off with the key word, RUMOR!!

2nd. This is Delta you're talking about. The guys who hand out flying to regional carriers like it's free pancakes.

Unfortunately, alot of the 5500 "angry" north types aren't as "angry" as you think. This is not the same group that struck in '98.

We had our lipservice "line in the sand" with regards to greater than 50 seat rj's. That line was obliterated. But hey, it's all good, we got to keep crew meals and laundry service on international flights.

After seeing the results of the council 20 nomination vote, I don't have much confidence in a changing of the same-ole-same-ole.

I agree. Problem is only 400 or so voted in Dtw.

Well the last recall drive failed miserably....perhaps not enough of the pilot group was angry enough, well we just welcomed 5500 or so angry North types...no offense intended, you are all very welcome. But PLEASE join the fray and vote to make some changes. We can either work within the current MEC or vote them out...but we NEED to do something! We can start by those of us who are able to: Vote for David Nestor and other like minded individuals. They will hold the MEC's feet to the proverbial fire and if the results are not adequate then they will be shown the door. I trust and believe David Nestor...you should too.

The reason the last recall drive failed miserably is that not every pilot believes the same group-think mentality of those who frequent message boards. We can think for ourselves thank you, and don't automatically buy that LM has given away the farm just because some angry pilots say so.

In fact, most angry message board posters don't remotely represent the average line pilot--no more than Keith Olbermann and Sean Hannity represent the average liberal and conservative voter.

That said, I do think that there is an atmostphere of a bit of elitism and away-from-the-troops disconnectedness at our MEC. I have flown with Capt Nestor, and he is a good guy. Perhaps he is the guy we need at this time.

But I honestly think that LM will be looked at in hindsight a lot like Harry Truman--despised when leaving office, respected by historians years later (did you know that Truman had the lowest approval ratings of any president when he left office, and that record stills stands?). Last I checked, we currently don't have any furloughs, got at least something in BK when our pensions were trashed (unlike a lot of other carriers both present and past) with the claim and the note, preserved nearly all of our decent work rules, and proactively worked with management to be a crucial player in a successful merger (again, unlike other mergers both present and past).

Of course there are always the naysayers, the lob-grenades-from-the-sidelines sorts who always know what we should have done yesterday, but haven't a clue as to what to do tomorrow, who will say "big deal, it all would have happened anyway, LM had nothing to do with it, etc".

I don't agree.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back