• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There'll be those of us who chase the metal/money, and those of us who will try to stay close to where they live. DL-S guys mostly stay close, and DL-N guys mostly been commuting for their whole career, and now we'll see how we'll mesh together.

One constant I see is that, junior guys will continue get the screw for the next 10 years or so. (Hopefully there won't be an age 75 rule by then)

Anyone surprised about the NMBs decision? Dougherty was the only objection. On w's staff and appointed by him, Hoglander(appointed during w's term) was former TWA pilot, MEC CH, and Alpa exec vp, and Puchala-Obama, former mediator and Intl. pres. of afa and something else for MI state employees. Just sayin.....

Anyone surprised about the NMBs decision? Dougherty was the only objection. On w's staff and appointed by him, Hoglander(appointed during w's term) was former TWA pilot, MEC CH, and Alpa exec vp, and Puchala-Obama, former mediator and Intl. pres. of afa and something else for MI state employees. Just sayin.....

This is a great move for all of us. Hopefully they will change the RLA so that our contracts will expire. Otherwise, we'll be looking at 2015 until we see a new contract that we should have in 2012.

Just an off the subject question for any of you North guys: I noticed in the system category lists that on the DTW A330 capt. positions there is a huge gap of seniority numbers between #15 and #18 on the list...it goes from about 300ish to over 1000 between those two numbers...what's up with that?....with #18 down to the bottom of the list (200 something?) being system seniority # 1000 or below, that seniority would make it way junior to the 767-400 capt. list in ATL as well as the 76er list in ATL.... If they ever get a A330 category in ATL, look out...it will be more senior (like MSP)

My guess is the red/green split. The green guys have probably 77-79 dohs and the senior red probably 83-84. Because of the Roberts award there are some 85 hires hanging on. I am glad we only have the fences for 5 years on the 744&777 so we won't have to hear this fighting for the remainder of our careers.

Just an off the subject question for any of you North guys: I noticed in the system category lists that on the DTW A330 capt. positions there is a huge gap of seniority numbers between #15 and #18 on the list...it goes from about 300ish to over 1000 between those two numbers...what's up with that?....with #18 down to the bottom of the list (200 something?) being system seniority # 1000 or below, that seniority would make it way junior to the 767-400 capt. list in ATL as well as the 76er list in ATL.... If they ever get a A330 category in ATL, look out...it will be more senior (like MSP)

what's the latest word on the 787 hitting property? Is it going to happen or convert them to 777 deliveries? If we stick with the 787 I bet the fences on it will be down by the time it's painted!

what's the latest word on the 787 hitting property? Is it going to happen or convert them to 777 deliveries? If we stick with the 787 I bet the fences on it will be down by the time it's painted!

My guess is that the 787-8 order will be converted to a 787-9 order and DAL will continue to take deliveries of 777s. And you're right, the fences will come down about the same time the 787-9s hit the property.

Latest resources

Back