Delta News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumours during training:

1. Look for the company to approach union to allow a bid to encompass up to two years, ie.. award during advance entitlement will be good for up to two years possibly longer, but plan is to move all the pieces continously over the next five years, so it will be awhile before we see the final results.

--Guys, the concession on how we will be bidding and training for everything to come has been made or is about to. Good luck.

2. Dependant on the above, could see up to 1200 positions up for bid right after SOC. followed by another large bid during the summer

3. 15 DC9s coming into Atlanta--this one might not happen

4. A group is in negotiations/familiarizations with a 100seat supplier

--This topic has obviously been broached many times. After doing a little more digging, there is a huge gap in seats 76-148 roughly) that needs to be filled outta LGA with the new slots and in several areas in ATL. The decision has already been made as to the direction the company will take to meet this need. There will be a new aircraft if not 2 to address this need. How this will be implemented is interesting, but it has to happen. First, the union is already in talks with the company on this. Make no mistake, this is being discussed and every Delta pilot needs to make sure he /she understands scope as it currently is and how he/she wants it to go. Second, if you don't want to see another degradation of our flying to contract carriers you had better start making it known.

5. up to 15 777s to be delivered in next 2 years

--This number appears to be changing on the fourth floor regularly. It goes up and down. Not all of them are previous options and as mentioned by others, there are some other operators we are talking too. The 747 will not be here for long.

6. A fleet of up to 60 MD90s

7. New basing methods(virtual) are being looked at (cost/benefit analysis)

8. New base will be opened

--Yes a new base will be announced shortly. And following that it may not be the last announced. We are also going to hear what the plans are with several of the other current bases around the same time. This will be announced supposedly regradless of when SOC is, delayed till spring or not is still up in the air on that. The current fleet setup and cities is going to be changed dramatically by 2015. Just like the PIT-CDG flying, we are going to start seeing alot more of this. The biggest reason we have not furloughed is because the required number of pilots will go up in 2 years and not because of retirements.

--Like many of you I hope this stuff holds true and happens. The union & company talks on a midsize mainline plane scares me though. There are serious indicators that once again we will fold and allow them to raise the seat limit. At the same time there are indications that the company just wants to get it at mainline and be done with it as quickly as possible to start taking advantage of all those synergies. What ever those are.:p

This is all second hand.

Rumours during training:

1. Look for the company to approach union to allow a bid to encompass up to two years, ie.. award during advance entitlement will be good for up to two years possibly longer, but plan is to move all the pieces continously over the next five years, so it will be awhile before we see the final results.

--Guys, the concession on how we will be bidding and training for everything to come has been made or is about to. Good luck.

2. Dependant on the above, could see up to 1200 positions up for bid right after SOC. followed by another large bid during the summer

3. 15 DC9s coming into Atlanta--this one might not happen

4. A group is in negotiations/familiarizations with a 100seat supplier

--This topic has obviously been broached many times. After doing a little more digging, there is a huge gap in seats 76-148 roughly) that needs to be filled outta LGA with the new slots and in several areas in ATL. The decision has already been made as to the direction the company will take to meet this need. There will be a new aircraft if not 2 to address this need. How this will be implemented is interesting, but it has to happen. First, the union is already in talks with the company on this. Make no mistake, this is being discussed and every Delta pilot needs to make sure he /she understands scope as it currently is and how he/she wants it to go. Second, if you don't want to see another degradation of our flying to contract carriers you had better start making it known.

5. up to 15 777s to be delivered in next 2 years

--This number appears to be changing on the fourth floor regularly. It goes up and down. Not all of them are previous options and as mentioned by others, there are some other operators we are talking too. The 747 will not be here for long.

6. A fleet of up to 60 MD90s

7. New basing methods(virtual) are being looked at (cost/benefit analysis)

8. New base will be opened

--Yes a new base will be announced shortly. And following that it may not be the last announced. We are also going to hear what the plans are with several of the other current bases around the same time. This will be announced supposedly regradless of when SOC is, delayed till spring or not is still up in the air on that. The current fleet setup and cities is going to be changed dramatically by 2015. Just like the PIT-CDG flying, we are going to start seeing alot more of this. The biggest reason we have not furloughed is because the required number of pilots will go up in 2 years and not because of retirements.

--Like many of you I hope this stuff holds true and happens. The union & company talks on a midsize mainline plane scares me though. There are serious indicators that once again we will fold and allow them to raise the seat limit. At the same time there are indications that the company just wants to get it at mainline and be done with it as quickly as possible to start taking advantage of all those synergies. What ever those are.:p

This is all second hand.

Got some good gouge. One if not two or three new bases in the next few years. First one is going to be very interesting from a pilot perspective.
SOC in DEC
MOAB bid in DEC.
AC movement greater than the 90/320
Bid will be a lot longer for the conversion window.

100 seater is getting looked at and expect to see a 195 type jet soon.
Lots more but I will let it filer out from other sources.

All I have to say, is tell your reps not one more seat not one more jet.
Hold on to your hats. It is going to be a wild ride......

To add to it, I personally see the company asking to fly the 190/95 at DCI until the C-Series shows up.
That is just my guess......I could be totally wrong.

DFW from what I heard from some of the commuters is that Delta wants to feed the west from DFW directly. I don't know what that entails for memphis, but honestly, I think moving memphis down to DFW and turning it into a hub would be worthwhile.

Guam--I think the military is pulling back alot out of Okinawa, so that could entail maybe looking towards a guam base. CO is the only game in town so might make sense.

I have heard maybe DFW later but GUM now. 10 or so 737's.

Monday, November 2, 2009, 11:23am PST

Alaska and Horizon airlines expand Portland options

Portland Business Journal

• <LI sizcache="35" sizset="82">Print <LI sizcache="35" sizset="83">Email <LI sizcache="35" sizset="84">Reprints <LI sizcache="35" sizset="85">RSS Feeds <LI sizcache="35" sizset="86">LinkedIn <LI sizcache="35" sizset="87">Share
  • Comments
Other Matching Articles for
"NYSE:ALK"

Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air on Monday said they have expanded an existing agreement with Delta Air Lines giving passengers access to a wider selection of destinations.
The agreement now gives passengers of either airline access to 70 daily departures to 32 nonstop destinations —a 40 percent increase over last fall’s schedules, according to Seattle-based Alaska Airlines (NYSE: ALK).
Called “codesharing,” the agreements allow passengers of one airline to reach a destination of the partnering airline on a single ticket and without having to recheck baggage.
Frequent flier miles continue to accumulate when on the partnering airline’s connecting flight. Members of Alaska’s Board Room service are provided the same access to Delta’s SkyClub.
In a news release, Alaska said its Portland customers will now have access to flights connecting through Delta’s international hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Minneapolis, New York’s JFK airport, Salt Lake City, and Tokyo-Narita, as well as daily nonstop flights to Honolulu.
Delta customers will be provided access from Portland to 26 of Alaska-Horizon’s connecting destinations.
New nonstop routes added to Delta’s schedule from Portland through the agreement include: Boise, Boston, Burbank, Eugene, Fresno, Spokane, Las Vegas, Long Beach, Medford, Oakland, Ontario, Phoenix, Redmond, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Orange County, Santa Rosa and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Yeah I have a feeling a rather large SEA base will be coming soon with 1400 new pilots. Seems these two companies just keep getting closer and closer. Maybe not maybe they can get all they want with a code share but I doubt it. I give 3/1 odds by summer of '10.

Got some good gouge. One if not two or three new bases in the next few years. First one is going to be very interesting from a pilot perspective.
SOC in DEC
MOAB bid in DEC.
AC movement greater than the 90/320
Bid will be a lot longer for the conversion window.

100 seater is getting looked at and expect to see a 195 type jet soon.
Lots more but I will let it filer out from other sources.

All I have to say, is tell your reps not one more seat not one more jet.
Hold on to your hats. It is going to be a wild ride......

What is MOAB?

I heard the SOC might be on hold until the F/A's resolve their seniority list? Would that delay the pilot bids?

To add to it, I personally see the company asking to fly the 190/95 at DCI until the C-Series shows up.
That is just my guess......I could be totally wrong.

They can ask all they want....we need to say not just NO, but F$%k NO!!!

The whole camel under the tent thing comes to mind.....

They can ask all they want....we need to say not just NO, but F$%k NO!!!

The whole camel under the tent thing comes to mind.....

I agree with every fiber of my being, but unless the current reps get a constant barrage of e-mails stating that any type of deal that offers another seat is totally unacceptable, they will state it is what the majority wants.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back