• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well the last recall drive failed miserably....perhaps not enough of the pilot group was angry enough, well we just welcomed 5500 or so angry North types...no offense intended, you are all very welcome. But PLEASE join the fray and vote to make some changes. We can either work within the current MEC or vote them out...but we NEED to do something! We can start by those of us who are able to: Vote for David Nestor and other like minded individuals. They will hold the MEC's feet to the proverbial fire and if the results are not adequate then they will be shown the door. I trust and believe David Nestor...you should too.

Lots of offense taken, you sit here and preach this when we tryed to keep Compass on our MEC...virtual control of a regional and you Delta types voteded it away...need I say more?

Lots of offense taken, you sit here and preach this when we tryed to keep Compass on our MEC...virtual control of a regional and you Delta types voteded it away...need I say more?

Andy did not do that. The MEC did. They sought pilot input, but in the end determined that the input that they got, was not really what the rank and file wanted.

5. up to 15 777s to be delivered in next 2 years

6. A fleet of up to 60 MD90s

7. New basing methods(virtual) are being looked at (cost/benefit analysis)

8. New base will be opened

This is all second hand, dont' know how legit it really is.

The 15 777's - are those options Delta will exercise, or extra orders?
I heard RA just signed paperwork on 20 MD90's - anyone heard the same?
Very good new about new base/virtual bases!

Thanks

Debt/Equity Ratio19.83debt/equity ratio 19.83 DAL
debt/equity ratio 0.70 LUV

not a financial guy by any strech....but what is your thought on these numbers???

The 15 777's - are those options Delta will exercise, or extra orders?
I heard RA just signed paperwork on 20 MD90's - anyone heard the same?
Very good new about new base/virtual bases!

Thanks

777's- cool!
MD90's- cool!

virtual bases? I'm pretty wary about that. Stinks of a concession waiting to happen. The FA's have to arrange their own sick coverage at the virtual bases...

777's- cool!
MD90's- cool!

virtual bases? I'm pretty wary about that. Stinks of a concession waiting to happen. The FA's have to arrange their own sick coverage at the virtual bases...

Who is to say we have to do that ********************, we are pilots. Are work rules are always better. Lets set the bar a little higher and not just think what we should get.

Next question. Where do you live? Let me guess in a hub.

Who is to say we have to do that ********************, we are pilots. Are work rules are always better. Lets set the bar a little higher and not just think what we should get.

Next question. Where do you live? Let me guess in a hub.

I agree, that is not something that we would have to do. Lets wait and see what they are thinking. It is a logistical nightmare unless there are a lot of people that live there, and the same equipment flies there a lot. To date that changes a lot.

not a financial guy by any strech....but what is your thought on these numbers???

The US Gov't has about the same numbers, and you don't see Obama sweating, do you? ;)

You guys used to never lose money in a quarter too, and that changed. What about charging extra for a seat or for boarding? That changed too. Things change, and our mangement seems to have a handle on things. We went to BK and unfortunately got cleaned up---both DL and NWA. We have an advantage compared to other legacies. You have your model, and sometimes it works, sometimes not. Our financial guys seem to make great money, so I would have to hope they know what they are doing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not a financial guy either but it seems pretty obvious to me. Delta is 19 times better than luv. Duh!!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back