Delta new low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta: Patently crying over sour grapes:

All the high-paying business-fares have fled Delta because the value is gone.

Delta's entire corporate culture depends upon a few full-fare tickets on every flight. Ain't happening.

They simply don't know how to cope with the new reality.

From an AOPA member flying DAL: the captain was encouraging its passengers to contact their legislators and support the airlines position. That is selfish in my opinion, but what do I know?

From an AOPA member flying DAL: the captain was encouraging its passengers to contact their legislators and support the airlines position. That is selfish in my opinion, but what do I know?

And you're not selfish in advocating an opposing position on a public forum?

"Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Pot."

Everyone is selfish to some extent. Don't let it bother you.

I wish you success!
William
AKA Bill
Former Moderator

Of course the skies are too crowded.
It's just as much Delta's fault as it is the fractionals fault. I can remember when Delta flew widebodies from ATL to nearby cities, where now, they serve the same cities with ASA and the barbie jet. Instead of having 2 flights per day in a 767, they have 8 flights a day in an RJ. It's not even cost effective. The passengers pay for it by waiting in line for 45 minutes.

Back in the day, companies like NetjJets didn't exist. Now they have over 650 aircraft clogging up the system.
Nearly every morning, it's not uncommon to have to hold going into ATL.

The ATC system wasn't designed for this many aircraft.

I can remember when Delta flew widebodies from ATL to nearby cities, where now, they serve the same cities with ASA and the barbie jet. Instead of having 2 flights per day in a 767, they have 8 flights a day in an RJ. It's not even cost effective.

I wish our Management had your insight and perspective.

I wish you success!
William
AKA Bill
Former Moderator

My recent trips on DAL have actually been on crappy ASA RJ's (I must say the gay ASA FA's did provide excellent cabin service, much better than you get from fat black FA's with Atlantatude).

AirTran had a B-717 on the same route, but it cost more so my cheap company travel office booked me on DAL. Both legs ended up costing $650 a piece and completely sucked! Aircraft over-sold, I got the exit row, but had to sit next to a 400 lb slob, arrive in ATL on-time, but sat on the ramp for over an hour waiting to be parked.

Of course the problem is too many DAL RJs, flying slow, crowding the skys, hauling pax that should be on a bigger and faster B-717. You could probably put the pax from three RJ's on one 717 or MD 88 and save everyone the delay, including DAL.

Last edited:
JFK can handle 47 departures an hour in perfect weather, yet they allow @ 55 to 60 to be scheduled. Average biz jet airframe fly's @375 hours per year and the average SouthWest 737 fly's 3700. To blame GA sickens me. Nice Delta, real nice. Say,DA, how big are your executive bonus's this year? and when will your flight crews see the same for saving your mahogany row behinds?

I could not believe that they were stupid enough to send that out to some of their largest customers. Net Jets, Flight Options, Flex Jet, Citation Shares and others like that. There is no hospital for stupid!

Latest resources

Back