Delta new low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fblowjets

I know all of you have seen the ads on the planes telling passengers that corporate aviation is the reason behind their delays and fees. Well yesterday I got an email from Delta saying the same thing and I should contact my congressman against corporate aircraft. Not only the email but in the email it had a search engine by putting your zip code in, it would give you the name and address of your congressman. ALSO had 8 places to put your friends email address in so they too can cry like Delta. I put the Delta email address in and sent it back with a BS note.
Has anyone else got this email? I'm sure other airlines are crying too but GIVE ME A BREAK.
just had to vent.

Help Us Decrease Delays and Decongest U.S. Airspace

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Dear Cut em up,[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Providing the highest quality service to our customers is the guiding principle in everything we do at Delta. But it is difficult for us to provide the level of service you deserve when air traffic in the United States is controlled with pre-WWII methods and technology. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Within a decade, traffic delays will cost the economy $40 billion a year, and you, the customer, a great deal of wasted time. There will be 85% more jets in the sky in the next 15 years—an increase driven largely by corporate jets, fractional jets, air-taxis and very light jets. To an air traffic controller, a jet with a celebrity or a CEO takes as much effort as a commercial flight with 250 passengers. However, the current system is funded almost entirely by the airline ticket tax, meaning that you are paying for nearly 95% of the air traffic system while corporate and private jets get a free ride! [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]You can help make a difference! Please contact your Congressional representatives and ask them to: [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Quit forcing you to subsidize corporate jets through the current unfair ticket tax[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Support a new cost-based ATC finance structure that will fund the system fairly and enable the FAA to modernize our aging ATC system[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, MS Sans Serif]Working in a partnership with other airlines, we will do everything we can to continue to improve upon the customer experience. For more information on this initiative, called "Smart Skies," go to smartskies.org/delta. We can make a difference![/FONT]

Every time that I am at ATL trying to depart (as a passenger) I try to look around as the airline propoganda is on the "Airport CNN channel." I like to see the peoples faces as they watch it. I usually try to make conversation about it with someone sitting next to me. It's funny because nobody beleives that crap, not even the passengers. I say, "Wow its corporate jets that are causing all these delays? I don't see any little jets out the window waiting in line for departure. But I do see about three hundred delta jets and a few other airlines out there."

F.U. Delta, yeah, its all "those little corporate jets" that schedule 30 departures within 10 minutes of each other at the busiest airport in the world and wonder why nothing is on time. I just love the fact that airlines; who are such great examples of fiscal operational efficency(sarcasm on high); try to educate the masses on how to properly fund a system that they cant seem to manage on a normal day.
F the airlines

Ya know what, I'm sick of hearing both sides in this argument whine, fight and spew BS in to the media and my inbox.

Airlines don't want to pay for anything. Big surprise.

Corporate doesn't want to pay for anything. Shocking.

It's just a political game being played out in the media and the airlines are better at the "press release" game. It will come down to who has more of the ruling senate and house committee in their pocket...just like it always has and always will.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying complaining about my job much more than worrying about the guy in the back having to pay a $10.00 approach fee before landing at BOS and paying a $750 landing fee.

Siting in TEB makes me grumpy. :mad:

It's just a political game being played out in the media and the airlines are better at the "press release" game. It will come down to who has more of the ruling senate and house committee in their pocket...just like it always has and always will.

American politics in a nutshell. The executive, legislative, or judicial branch doesn't run this country, lobbyists do.

yeah, but what about those of us who fly for our own convenience or pleasure? The system is funded already, user fees are bogus.

DAL wants those Corp guys back in 1st Class paying the big bucks so they can pay their pilots more.

Latest resources

Back