• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact is that DAL just went to an electronic oral. It is done much the same way that CAL's is. There are a few bugs that they are working out. .

Only the MD88 program went to the electronic oral (although F/O's has always taken a written test in lieu of an oral anyway...that test was now revamped). The 88 program was the only one that signed off on this change (as a 767 APD told me...their fleet captain didn't make the APD's take the test first whereas the other fleets did and the other fleets APD's did not like the way the tests were written) Biggest problem with the test is that you don't get graded on a percentage of correct answers but a percentage of correct systems. You could get a 85% on the test and still fail if those questions came from certain systems.

As for the remedial help...glad they're getting it (DAL is very good when it comes to getting people through) and I can understand the problems, but also, before you take the electronic oral you can take a practice one as many times as you want and you should have a good idea of how prepared you are. Even bad tests can be gamed and a new hire should be on top of their game....it's not like this is the first jet/glass/fms aircraft for pilots like it used to be.

As for the girl, with the "and she will be senior to you and me" comment. You maybe, but not me. She may be able to beat me non-reving because of her flight attendent date of hire, but she will never be able to bid a seat or airplane that I want first and it service DOH's don't matter when the company is furloughing..... esp now that she's dept. 030 she won't have the opportunity for a company transfer like she did when she was in inflight because she is now a contract employee (union) vs. noncontract (everybody else).

ACL, you've got some good gouge on the company but you still have a long way to go to see how things work.

Hoops?? unless your talking about the hoops in her ears then she didn't jump though $hit. I have nothing against female pilots, but the fact is the only reason that somebody got hired on with the evil empire and had only 2000 hrs total was because she had breasts. Hell maybe I should go get some, I here they do amazing things with plastic surgery these days.

If you're going to do that, may I suggest you talk with HPilot, he just had his done for his boyfriend!:laugh: :laugh:

So................ back to the original post

While the commentary is interesting, it's the same banter from all the other Delta posts. What I'm after, if anyone has the info, is just a list of where the new hires have come from.

An example would be:

5/17/07
1 - Air Wisconsin
1 - ExpressJet
2 - Skywest
2 - NetJets
1 - Air Tran
1 - JetBlue
2 - ASA
2 - USAF
1 - USN
1 - USMC

Make sure that you have a min of four references. One should be a personal reference that has known you for at least ten years. You could use one of the these references as the unemployment reference, if they knew what you were up to at the time of your unemployment. Also, I would recommend that you have at least one internal Delta reference. You do not need to, but it helps.
On the info of th Female with only 1800ttl. It is false. She had over 2000 hrs ttl and a 737-800 type under her belt. She is by far one of the smartest and most down to earth individuals that I know. Changes are that she will be your CP one day. She has the brain and the brawn that most don't. Simply put she was more than qualified. And she will be senior to you and I her entire career.

ACL:
While I'm sure you love your job here at Delta, you are NOT the mouthpiece of the airline. I don't visit this site too often.
That being said, would you mind explaining how she will be senior to me my entire career? I'm a 2000 hire.

Hoops?? unless your talking about the hoops in her ears then she didn't jump though $hit. I have nothing against female pilots, but the fact is the only reason that somebody got hired on with the evil empire and had only 2000 hrs total was because she had breasts. Hell maybe I should go get some, I here they do amazing things with plastic surgery these days.

A dark "tan" would also help you out...

On seniority.
Not to you. To all of the people that are posting on here about where to go. Crying about what has happened will get you nowhere. It is what it is. You know that I do not have to explain how seniority. The one in question was not a former FA. The one with 2000ttl time was in the next class.
Never once did I say I was the mouth piece of DAL. I am not but one voice. Never once did I say anything more than that. What I post is my view of this situation. I know her and she is a darn good pilot and person. Am I personally offended, no. But the fact is that this rant about women is purely unprofessional.

As for the girl, with the "and she will be senior to you and me" comment. You maybe, but not me. She may be able to beat me non-reving because of her flight attendent date of hire, but she will never be able to bid a seat or airplane that I want first and it service DOH's don't matter when the company is furloughing..... esp now that she's dept. 030 she won't have the opportunity for a company transfer like she did when she was in inflight because she is now a contract employee (union) vs. noncontract (everybody else).

ACL, you've got some good gouge on the company but you still have a long way to go to see how things work.

FS, what are you talking about with the flight attendant stuff? I'm pretty sure the woman everyone's talking about came from ASA directly off the right seat of the mighty CRJ 200. And I believe the 737 type rating she has was paid for by Delta through some sort of a scholarship she got a few years ago (literally) when she was in college (yes, she's very young). I highly doubt she's actually got any time in an actual 737, but I could be wrong. I only flew with her once, although I must admit, she was/is a pretty good stick and a very nice person who definitely knows how to "play the game."

-Blucher

Wow, over 2,000 hrs. How much turbine pic. I don't care how sharp she is, the double standard stinks. Plenty of sharp guys out there with considerably more experience. Is she good looking?

I can tell you that she deserves that job much more than any other guy out there with 7k hours that waits for the job to land on his lap. She will be a great asset to Delta and they are very lucky to have her (or any other company). Is it double standard? IMO, no. She worked very hard to be where she is. Someone already stated her intelligence and good skills. I rather fly with her on a 4 day, than with an old-bitter experienced guy.

All I have to say is, Thank god there are some people out here that will not stoop as low as this. She got a good break. She made hers happen. If you want this job bad enough you will make your happen as well. Many of the people in the first few classes worked very hard to get where they are. Whether it be through their connections, the military, or a heck of a lot of time. Everyone has paid their dues somehow somewhere.

All I have to say is, Thank god there are some people out here that will not stoop as low as this. She got a good break. She made hers happen. If you want this job bad enough you will make your happen as well. Many of the people in the first few classes worked very hard to get where they are. Whether it be through their connections, the military, or a heck of a lot of time. Everyone has paid their dues somehow somewhere.

I agree.

Latest resources

Back