• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not think that it matter. As with all airlines they can hire whomever they please. She is one of the few pilots that got through training with no remedial help. That says something.
Frankly it does not matter whether it is fair or not. It is the way that it is. I do not think that will change.

OK I once again have to ask, what the He&& are you talking about? Are you saying that our new hires have remedial help as a standard? I hope not. I had a class of 20 in 00 and we had 1 have remedial help.

I would rather you just say yes she got hired with half of the total time that everyone else had in the class but she didn't have a problem with training. In this game it's who you know and what you can bring to the table. People may not like it but that is the way it is.

Yes - what does that mean "one one got through training with no remedial help?" I heard it was fast, but I also heard DL did a good job. Is this a result of having the first "new hires" in a long time, or something systemic?

I know a few of the really good pilots Delta hired and would be :eek: surprised :erm: if any of them needed "remedial help" to get through a FO training program.

After the first type the next two seemed pretty easy. What should folks be expecting at Delta? Surely they are not running an AirTran 717 style program, are they?

I can see Delta being as thorough on training as they are everything else, but friends at Delta make it sound like the big airplane training is a breeze.

Last edited:
LOL, Fact is that DAL just went to an electronic oral. It is done much the same way that CAL's is. There are a few bugs that they are working out. That said, there are some areas of it that have been giving even the brightest a few problems. That is where the remedial help comment came from. Sorry that it needed clarification. Everyone is doing very well overall.

On the topic of screwing her. No, sorry I do not think that I would be good enough for her. (At least I am honest) What I am doing is stating the facts, not some testosterone driven rant. In this side of our industry there are always going to be people that the majority do not think deserve it. I am not in that position at Delta so therefore I cannot determine who is qualified. She like everyone else had to jump through all of the same hoops to get here. That alone makes her qualified. Now get over it.

LOL, Fact is that DAL just went to an electronic oral. It is done much the same way that CAL's is. There are a few bugs that they are working out. That said, there are some areas of it that have been giving even the brightest a few problems. That is where the remedial help comment came from. Sorry that it needed clarification. Everyone is doing very well overall.

On the topic of screwing her. No, sorry I do not think that I would be good enough for her. (At least I am honest) What I am doing is stating the facts, not some testosterone driven rant. In this side of our industry there are always going to be people that the majority do not think deserve it. I am not in that position at Delta so therefore I cannot determine who is qualified. She like everyone else had to jump through all of the same hoops to get here. That alone makes her qualified. Now get over it.

Hoops?? unless your talking about the hoops in her ears then she didn't jump though $hit. I have nothing against female pilots, but the fact is the only reason that somebody got hired on with the evil empire and had only 2000 hrs total was because she had breasts. Hell maybe I should go get some, I here they do amazing things with plastic surgery these days.

Very Funny. No one is saying the women in WIA are not afforded some amazing opportunities. Heck if we had a program for men that did this we all would join up.
She is lucky. No doubt about that. I can also guarantee that there will be more where she came from.

Hoops?? unless your talking about the hoops in her ears then she didn't jump though $hit. I have nothing against female pilots, but the fact is the only reason that somebody got hired on with the evil empire and had only 2000 hrs total was because she had breasts. Hell maybe I should go get some, I here they do amazing things with plastic surgery these days.

Dude, I have four buddies that were just hired. All around 2K hours TT, not chick amongst them. Just food for thought.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back