Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ottersphere

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Was wondering if anyone out there is keeping up with where the Delta new hires are coming from? Just looking for something like the similar Continental breakdown posts. I'll be applying with fingers crossed next month once I hit 1,000 TPIC. Thanks in advance for the info!

jr

Last edited:
Most are prior 121 with a few military. In my class we had two people that came from 135/ fractional carriers.
All had from 4000-10,000 hrs with some a good amount of PIC. One did not, but they were far more qualified with what they did on the operations side of the airlines.

Most are prior 121 with a few military. In my class we had two people that came from 135/ fractional carriers.
All had from 4000-10,000 hrs with some a good amount of PIC. One did not, but they were far more qualified with what they did on the operations side of the airlines.

I heard a female was recently hired with only 1,800 tt. Civilian, no turbine pic.

You guys probably could help me with something. I am about done with the Delta Application. I'm just finishing collecting my references. On the app they want general references, and then they ask for unemployment references. What are they wanting when they ask for unemployment references. I am assuming someone who could verify any periods of unemployment, but I don't know for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, can I use the same people that wrote recomendations as references. Or are they looking for 3 references along with other people for recomendations?

I'm sure these are stupid questions to most of you, but I am a little confused what they want. Thanks for your help.

CD

Last edited:
Make sure that you have a min of four references. One should be a personal reference that has known you for at least ten years. You could use one of the these references as the unemployment reference, if they knew what you were up to at the time of your unemployment. Also, I would recommend that you have at least one internal Delta reference. You do not need to, but it helps.
On the info of th Female with only 1800ttl. It is false. She had over 2000 hrs ttl and a 737-800 type under her belt. She is by far one of the smartest and most down to earth individuals that I know. Changes are that she will be your CP one day. She has the brain and the brawn that most don't. Simply put she was more than qualified. And she will be senior to you and I her entire career.

Make sure that you have a min of four references. One should be a personal reference that has known you for at least ten years. You could use one of the these references as the unemployment reference, if they knew what you were up to at the time of your unemployment. Also, I would recommend that you have at least one internal Delta reference. You do not need to, but it helps.
On the info of th Female with only 1800ttl. It is false. She had over 2000 hrs ttl and a 737-800 type under her belt. She is by far one of the smartest and most down to earth individuals that I know. Changes are that she will be your CP one day. She has the brain and the brawn that most don't. Simply put she was more than qualified. And she will be senior to you and I her entire career.

Wow, over 2,000 hrs. How much turbine pic. I don't care how sharp she is, the double standard stinks. Plenty of sharp guys out there with considerably more experience. Is she good looking?

I do not think that it matter. As with all airlines they can hire whomever they please. She is one of the few pilots that got through training with no remedial help. That says something.
Frankly it does not matter whether it is fair or not. It is the way that it is. I do not think that will change.

I am guessing you screwed her in new hire class or wanted too!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back