• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For over 50 years the airlines hired only men, and usually only white men. Now the tables have turned, and some guys can't handle it. I love it!
You think I care that she's a woman??? Only to the point that she got hired with 2000 hrs and there is no chance that any caucasion male from the civilian world could ever get hired with that flight time. Congrats to her for getting the job but the only reason they even picked her out of the stack is so they can meet some B.S. affirmitive action quota!

You think I care that she's a woman??? Only to the point that she got hired with 2000 hrs and there is no chance that any caucasion male from the civilian world could ever get hired with that flight time. Congrats to her for getting the job but the only reason they even picked her out of the stack is so they can meet some B.S. affirmitive action quota!

What's the over/under on the number of divorces she'll cause before she becomes CP?

Back to the subject---are all the new hires going to the mad-dog? How long before they can hold 75/76?

new hires are going to the 88 and 738. Some of the first new hire class have already received bids to the 767 or 7ER, and are just awaiting training. Of course the question is do you really want to go to the 767 and be the bottom pilot for the next three years, or would you be better staying on the 88 and getting some seniority. But, to each his own.

. Of course the question is do you really want to go to the 767 and be the bottom pilot for the next three years, or would you be better staying on the 88 and getting some seniority. But, to each his own.

And, do you want to go through 2 training events on probation?

Personally I'd stay in whatever aircraft they gave me and be comfortable in it for my probationary year and then decide after about 11 months if I want to go to another seat. I couldn't imagine learning 2 aircraft within a few months of each other. I got A320 and MD11 types in the same year and I thought that was a lot of numbers and systems to remember (then again it was also at 2 different companies.)

In my day we had to walk five miles uphill to the nearest airport in snow up to our knees. We made this journey both to and fro with only a mere expectation of being selected to get a ride in the cropduster flown by BettyBoobs.

Latest resources

Back