• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta might offer CRJ70's to Mainline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would lead to a PID. However, it would not lead to a merger because the decision is mgt's. We have no authority to force them to merge the lists, and I think it would be a cold day in Hades before they did. That is what is so humorous about those who blame Delta pilots for the fact that we don't have onelist. It's not our call. It's mgt's, and they would never give up their cost advantage or "portfolio".

Good point - but the "no operational integration" arguement was bull effluvia back then and they knew it. They actually changed the definition in the Consitution and Bylaws to try to hide the fact that the airlines were operationally integrated by the current standard of the day. Also there were some out right lies told at the BOD to muddy the issue even further.

However, the Connection pilots have always been in the position to get stapled. Not many of us want on the bottom of the Delta list at the moment. At the same timem the Delta MEC feels they can simply take the airplanes without having to fight for one list - or water down their airline by allowing a bunch of sub standard pilots to come on board before their military buddies - so there is no political will for a PID at the moment. Any politician that supported it would lose his job during the next vote. So don't expect anything there.

The RJDC litigation keeps the Delta MEC from doing anything really nasty to the Connection pilots - IE Jets for Jobs. The outcome of the motions heard on the 29th of January may have a pretty significant effect on how much latitude the Delta MEC has in these negotiations. If the suit survives, ALPA National will have to excert some control over the predatory actions of the mainline MEC. If the suit is dismissed, the Delta MEC can take what ever they want from Connection - there will be no one to stop them.

Last edited:
FlyDeltasJets said:
It would lead to a PID. However, it would not lead to a merger because the decision is mgt's. We have no authority to force them to merge the lists, and I think it would be a cold day in Hades before they did. That is what is so humorous about those who blame Delta pilots for the fact that we don't have onelist. It's not our call. It's mgt's, and they would never give up their cost advantage or "portfolio".

Actually, it was DALPA and ALPA national that blocked the PID. It never made it to management for a decision.

Would it have mattered? We cannot combine the lists. Only mgt can, and they have gone on record stating that they would spin off DCI before agreeing to merge them.

Without their permission, anything we do is purely academic.

How about we merge the lists DOH, and put up a 30 year fence. Nothing bigger than the 70 seater, with only 57 available for CMR. This is only way I see this ever happening. No DCI pilot deserves to be one number higher than any Delta mainline pilot currently on the list!!!!!!!!!! But I guess a 20 or 30 year fence might shut up the DOH people.

Have a nice day,

NYR:)

Checkessential,

Have you ever landed a 767-300 into LGA at night with high winds? No? That's what I thought. Flying a larger plane is a lot more stressful in certain situations than flying an RJ. Don't get me wrong, I like the RJ. Ever had a bad landing (due to winds, ofcourse) with 250 people behind you? Just because they are both advanced (777 and CRJ) doesn't mean they fly the same.

Fins,
Integration of the senority list would not be possible if management made another subsidiary with CRJ70's and allowed furloughed pilots to fly them. There is nothing the RJDC or anybody could do about it. They could call it "Dance" and let it fly "filler" flights between larger cities and limit it to 40 or 50 CRJ70's. If they tag it on to mainline, then the regional guys could claim integration, but with another subsidiary, they cannot.
Is this a J4J situation? Yes. We want our furloughed pilots back on the property, and we could possibly negotiate a reasonable rate for the CRJ-70, as long as there is a definite number of them allowed---like 50. If we gave them "unlimited" numbers---guess what? All we would have would be CRJ-70's. Atleast we have the sims already---in ATL. (also in Montreal, SLC, CVG, and Lyon)
I think our furloughed pilots (and some junior mainline ones that want to be Captains) would go for it in a second. I don't think the RJDC would have a case here----the company is in charge of where the jets go.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :)

I try not to get pulled down into the gutter....

Gen Lee
One of the side effects of the current situation is that there are alot more mil heavy drivers at the regionals than there ever used to be. Many say that due to the lack of automation, no LEDs and other considerations that it was harder to fly than the heavy they came from. Many flew aircraft larger than the 767. This is from folks who have flown both. The 727 I flew as a FO could be a handful, but the level of competence was nothing a RJ guy couldn't master in short order.

General Lee wrote:

"Have you ever landed a 767-300 into LGA at night with high winds? No? That's what I thought. Flying a larger plane is a lot more stressful in certain situations than flying an RJ. Don't get me wrong, I like the RJ. Ever had a bad landing (due to winds, ofcourse) with 250 people behind you? Just because they are both advanced (777 and CRJ) doesn't mean they fly the same."

Give me a break General - I just happened to have a Delta 777 Capt. on my jumpseat last night - according to him the 777 is one of the easiest airplanes to fly and land - x-wind or no x-wind.

Have you ever landed an RJ into Key West with a howling x-wind out of the north?

DCAv8r;)

General Lee said:
Checkessential,

Have you ever landed a 767-300 into LGA at night with high winds? No? That's what I thought.
Have you ever landed that darn ATR in a crosswind. There are 10 speed bikes less top heavy and with a wider footprint.

As far as another subsidiary - I hope your MEC will finally stop the proliferation of alter ego flying, but 'eh, its your C scale. Where does Delta have a CRJ700 sim in Atlanta? ASA is working on one, but it is not up and certified yet. You guys going to take that too?

Heck, why don't you just take all of our airplanes? See if you can get Milosevic to turn the ASA pilots into fill dirt for the runway expansion project.

You guys already feel you are above the law. If you are going to be crazy - why hold back on us? Go completely Mariah Carey.

Last edited:
General Lee,

You ever land a BAe-146 in Aspen, at night with howling winds? I didn't think so...LGA piece of cake.

Cross wind...thats when the downwind wheel is supposed to touch first right, or is it...**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!!

Get your head out of your rear, you are not a hero cause you fly an airplane that carries 250 people.

Mayday.

Latest resources

Back