Delta MD88 ground evac today in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

one of my DL buds was right behind him, says his engine caught on fire, evacuated right there by 9L. Glad everyone got out OK and no injuries, kudos to DL crews.

Oh Lord, what did those Delta guys screw up this time? Did they at least land on a runway?

I really wish they would shut off thier laptops and focus more on landing on runways and safety in general.

Oh Lord, what did those Delta guys screw up this time? Did they at least land on a runway?

I really wish they would shut off thier laptops and focus more on landing on runways and safety in general.

Or maybe they could go back to sodomizing their superior officer like you, and pretending to tell everyone you meet in the malls that you're an Air Force pilot, when in reality, the only thing you're flying is your man's meat stick!
Save your breath, tanker clown, you'll need it later for your inflatable date!

Great job by the crew.

Really? Very few reasons necessitate an evacuation where you increase the risk of passenger and crew injury. Not sure why they couldn't just blow the bottles or shut the engine down and have ARFF inspect. We'll see what the investigation reveals but I'll bet that the crew got anxious and called for an evacuation prematurely.

Really? Very few reasons necessitate an evacuation where you increase the risk of passenger and crew injury. Not sure why they couldn't just blow the bottles or shut the engine down and have ARFF inspect. We'll see what the investigation reveals but I'll bet that the crew got anxious and called for an evacuation prematurely.

You were not there, and the fact is none of us were. They made a decision based on the information they have. It is not correct to Monday Morning Quarterback a decision made in seconds.

It had a successful outcome, and that is that. It is like questioning Sully and his crew.

ACL, did the crew of the Delta jet that landed on a taxiway do a great job? I mean, other than landing on a taxiway, I bet it was a great job.

ACL, did the crew of the Delta jet that landed on a taxiway do a great job? I mean, other than landing on a taxiway, I bet it was a great job.

You are not worth of a response. Really? Compare the two. Let both investigations show what happened.

Blow the bottles...really? You put that much faith in those things actually putting out a fire? How do you know that they didn't blow the bottles and they weren't successful in extinguishing the fire? Do you really think they didn't shut down the engine and then blow the bottle? Do you really think they didn't ask the FA and/or the control tower to verify they had a fire ON the aircraft before evacuating?

Are you really an airline pilot? DC9, A320? I highly doubt it with a response like that. I guess it is Monday morning so I will give you a pass on that one, but why the flame? If you are an airline pilot you know better than that and I certainly hope you don't expect the same treatment from your peers when your aircraft, or should I say Microsoft Flight Simulator airplane, catches on fire!

Go grab your joystick and get back to work.

Latest resources

Back