Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DenverCrashpad

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=9535716&nav=menu188_2

Indianapolis- The weather may have caused a passenger plane to slide off the taxiway at the Indianapolis International airport just after midnight.

The Delta flight had 117 passengers on board.

It was headed to Milwaukee from Chicago, but by the time the plane got to Milwaukee that airport was closed. The plane was then diverted to Indianapolis.

Passengers say the slide-off happened just after landing as the plane was slowly taxiing in.

"We came in and slid on the runway and ended up in a little bit of grass. So they sent seven busses for us," passenger Donna Searles said.

"Came in for our landing landed the plane we were turning to get onto the taxiway and the plane slid into some black ice right into the grass, " passenger Nick Gardner said.
There were no injuries on board and the plane was not damaged.

Ok, cue tanker clown in

What is it with you guys? Looks like this is just becoming an annual event. He's a news flash for 2009..."Delta aircraft taxis of taxiway in XXX (insert location here"

Delta should just buy a bus fleet at station them at all their locations. It would probably cut down on the costs of hiring out the recovery of pax stranded in the grass at assorted airports.

When are you guys going to start taking safety seriously?

Tanker Clown
When will you ever get on with an airline. Always trying to get in but will never make it.

Tanker clown with your infinite wisdom acquired in all those hours you have flown, 1750. you are a seasoned veteran sir.

You can say whatever you want about my flight time, but at least i've never left a prepared surface. Safety is paramount for me. Maybe instead of giving me a hard time, you should focus on doing things right.

Commuted home last night and EVERYTHING was like a skating rink. I had to stop twice on the way home to scrape off the windshield. It was icy, but if they were out of better options and everybody walked away, I say "good for them".

Actually, the flight first diverted to ORD. After getting fuel, it took off for MKE just as the weather was worsening, and then diverted to IND.

If that's the case, the Delta crew should have picked a better divert location.

Everytime I see you've posted I see my tax dollars going down the drain. This much time on your hands during business hours means you're completely expendable to any unit you belong to. Nice career you've had.

Latest resources

Back