• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta MD-88 incident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I dont follow what happened here. The right engine cowl fell off and the engine quit. Is that right?

Happens more on JT8D's.

My understanding from the news was that the parts falling off the airplane were preceded by a "KABOOM."

Technology has come a long way in 50 years.

Typing is still typing ... figure we on FlightInfo have to be among the best typists around.

What, a Delta thread and the Gerbil Lee hasn't chimed in; counting upwards of 20,000 posts...not thats something to be proud of!

What, a Delta thread and the Gerbil Lee hasn't chimed in; counting upwards of 20,000 posts...not thats something to be proud of!

That's because the Genital missesd this on his walk around. Thank goodness that Delta doesn't have a union. Otherwise there would be someone to grieve his termination for this negligence.

Lets see, a gearbox takes a crap and blows off the cowling. How the he11 am I supposed to preflight a gearbox? If I could see the damn thing I'd be walking around with a permanent b0ner.....BECAUSE I'D HAVE X-RAY VISION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd probably have a heart attack though. I don't know how I could stand looking at a bunch of 80 year old flight attendants. Oh well, b0ner gone bye bye.

Latest resources

Back