Delta MD-88 incident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spinproof

Incident: Delta Airlines MD88 at St. Louis on Jul 15th 2008, engine failure, lost part
By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Jul 16th 2008 06:54Z, last updated Wednesday, Jul 16th 2008 06:54Z
The crew of a Delta Airlines McDonnell Douglas MD-88, flight DL989 from Saint Louis,MO to Atlanta,GA (USA) with 114 passengers and 5 crew, declared emergency about 3 mminutes after takeoff, when the crew heard a loud bang and the right engine stopped. A part landed on the ground 8nm west of the airport. The airplane returned to Saint Louis for a safe landing.

The flight was cancelled and passengers rebooked onto other flights.

A piece of the tail cone, about 48*51 cm (18*20 inches) in size, fell off the airplane and landed on the entrance to highways 49 and 364 next Heritage Crossing in the St. Charles County damaging the concrete, the FAA reported. Nobody was injured or hit.

Delta Airlines said, a panel fell off the right hand engine.

OK Mad Dog drivers who missed this on the walk around???:0 ?

Last edited:
What's the matter spinproof, Delta shoot you down or something? Between this post and your others on the profit/loss, you're proving to be tanker clown II.

What's the matter spinproof, Delta shoot you down or something? Between this post and your others on the profit/loss, you're proving to be tanker clown II.

You against the facts being printed? I have never aspired to or have been, as you put it, "shot down" by Delta.
I have friends there and wish them the best! There are "nuckleheads" there also...as there are everywhere..I believe you may fit that description!

Last edited:
You against the facts being printed? I have never aspired to or have been, as you put it, "shot down" by Delta.
I have friends there and wish them the best! There are "nuckleheads" there also...as there are everywhere..I believe you may fit that description!

Thanks, but judging by your idiotic response, I'd say you're the knucklehead.

Thanks, but judging by your idiotic response, I'd say you're the knucklehead.

Jokes are always lost on the intended.I'm now possitive about my first impression.

Last edited:
I have never aspired to or have been, as you put it, "shot down" by Delta.

Nobody aspires to be shot down; sorry it worked out that way for you. You do understand that they're looking for people who can actually handle stuff like this as opposed to people who can write about it on the Internet don't you?

I wonder if the pax can sue Delta and/or the FO. His negligence (and therefore Delta's) probably gave pax lasting emotional scars. I know Delta's pay is a joke, but I never thought that they treated mx and walk arounds as a joke.

Latest resources

Back