• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta may shrink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talk, talk, talk. Enjoy the inside of your hotel room. Trying pulling the curtains open once in a while--the natrual light puts a whole different perspective on the room. I have 16 days off a month too, however I choose to spend them camping, hiking, and rock climbing as opposed to typing endless posts on a website. Again, I hope wasting so much of your life was worth it up to this point. I truly hope you find something better to do with your time that is more rewarding in the end. You can't honestly look back at all those countless hours of pounding away at your keyboard as time well spent, can you? Think of all the better things you could have been doing. Kinda sad when you think about it...? I mean that.

Whatever petty response you have back for me won't be read for some days. Headed out into the backcountry for a few days with some friends. Google "friends". Totally awesome concept.

Well then get your backpack, Ipod with Franz Ferdinand's greatest hits, your birkenstocks..and get to hikin'. Leave the General alone and go son!!!

Comair and others will pick up the 100 and < aircraft all in the name of saving a few capt slots at mainline.

The F*ck they will.

The scope we "sold" out occurred back in BK. This latest LOA only allowed the current contractual # of RJs at DAL and NWA to be added. No more. I wish it were less, but I doubt that would have happened.
No provision to let DCI fly 100 seaters, etc, etc and the furlough prot clause still limits 76 seaters to 70 seats should any furloughs start to occur.

The current thinking at DAL is pilots would rather have a 4 seat PA44 on property flown my DAL pilots than to give up any more. The large # of furloughees and the younger work force is starting to speak ...more loudly than some of the older "ME ME ME" types that we have heard from in the past.

Last edited:
furlough prot clause still limits 76 seaters to 70 seats should any furloughs start to occur.

DAL can furlough the 07 and 08 hires without any recourse on the 76 to 70 seat clause. Only pilots senior to TK would evoke that clause. I found it strange that they did not move that limit to all of the new hires, but it was something that I could not get a straight answer to.

furlough prot clause still limits 76 seaters to 70 seats should any furloughs start to occur.

DAL can furlough the 07 and 08 hires without any recourse on the 76 to 70 seat clause. Only pilots senior to TK would evoke that clause. I found it strange that they did not move that limit to all of the new hires, but it was something that I could not get a straight answer to.

Yeah...I know. This was negotiated during BK when the only pilots on property were TK and above. I am not sure why they didnt negotiate for future hiring..either they didnt think about it...or they figured theyd cross that bridge when they came to it...etc?

Oh Im sure we will see a post in a minute about how the older guys screwed yall and they should have stood firm, etc, etc. Im not union kool-aid drinker but I understand that there are times you are NEVER going to get what you want..and standing firm will only result in your burning the place down to spite yourself. Maybe that was the case....

That would be my guess as well. Fact is that I do not think that we deserve it. It would have been nice to see a future 76 seaters reverted back to 70 if we were let go.
The fact of the matter is that the no furlough clause is not worth the paper it is written on. If they need to dump they will dump.
It will be easier to do it from the Delta side any way. We are on all fleets and a general reduction would make it easier to let us go than the NWA guys. If they get rid of the 9's it would be easier to get rid of them. Either way, it appears they have bigger plan that that. I guess we will see what the true plans are once we close the financial deal.

:beer:
Although, 07 and 08's still are in the 24 month protection as everyone else.

Buck, it depends on the reason for the furloughs. DAL new hires are protected from "merger" related furloughs. If oil, or some other reason justifies cutting positions, the protection does not apply.

Hence my emphasis on scoping these DC9 replacements in, not out. Fleet floor works too. But the Company has to be careful not to "furlough protect" itself into insolvency.

Buck, it depends on the reason for the furloughs. DAL new hires are protected from "merger" related furloughs. If oil, or some other reason justifies cutting positions, the protection does not apply.

Hence my emphasis on scoping these DC9 replacements in, not out. Fleet floor works too. But the Company has to be careful not to "furlough protect" itself into insolvency.

Again......"...the 24 month protection as everyone else." It was being said that the 07 and 08's were not in the 76 seat provision but we are in the same 24 month protection as everyone else. I wasn't defining what those terms are....just that 07 and 08's are included.

What is so special about the Compass ac. Mesaba had provisions 12 YEARS ago for 72 Avro 85's. Compass ac are nothing new or different than what Mesaba has had for years! Compass's ac don't present anything new here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back