• Friendliest aviation community on the web
$$$4nothin said:
Delta's savings a year if they take your pension = 200 million
The amount Delta is losing per day = 6 million
The amount of days it will take Delta to blow your pensions = 33-34 days

OUCH.
Not priceless

Good luck

You forgot about the total amount they are paying for all of the pensions--about $800 million a year.(they will save all of that, and they are just starting with the pilot pensions, the rest are next) So, add $800 million to that (a $10.6 BILLION obligation) They have brought down all of the other costs, including $200 million a year on just 88 different aircraft that were leased. Then we gave them $1 billion a year for 5 years, and just gave them a 14% pay cut which saves them an additional $152 million a year on December 15th of last year. Have you factored in all of that? I didn't think so. Also, Southwest just raised fares $10 each way, and our best seasons are Spring and Summer flying, which will boost revenue if we don't liquidate this place with an unfortunate strike. Any more questions? Priceless indeed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Rogue5 said:
I'm not too bright, but I sure am glad General Lea CAPITALIZES all the important points like Bill O'Reilly so I can follow along...

Yes, I do that for affect, and because some people need to actually SEE the important points.

Bye Bye--GENERAL LEE

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Yes, I do that for affect, and because some people need to actually SEE the important points. (mainly for people in UTAH)

Bye Bye--GENERAL LEE

Sorry Jen,

Born and raised in The Great State of California...

General Lee said:
Ummm yeah. And, there will be NO exit financing without an agreement with the pilots, so we should be able to negotiate something, allowing the company to save some money (ALPA said $200 million a year on pilot pensions alone) also. The CFO apparently talked a lot about a large 787 order AFTER we exit bankruptcy (can you say CARROT????), but I am also concerned about everything over 70 seats, and that should be our first priority. It is mine. No more pay cuts either, and pay coming back to us also eventually.

Bye Bye---General Lee
The 787 is hardly a carrot, look at NWA pay rates on that airplane. It's going to be a great widebody addition.:rolleyes:

Likely?? YGBSM. More like certainly.

Stenland just bent NW ALPA over the sofa and they hardly wimpered. Delta's going to do the same thing, with the same results.

Draginass said:

Stenland just bent NW ALPA over the sofa and they hardly wimpered. Delta's going to do the same thing, with the same results.

Different priorities equals different results. We know the pensions are gone, they did NOT. We have a younger group (only 250 older than 55), and that means the loyalty is NOT there. You know that. They could always force a TA, but that doesn't mean we will pass it. We are now a "younger" group, with different needs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Draginass said:

You sound like either a well-paid airline lawyer or a spin doctor... Nice try. From what I have heard, if the contract is thrown out, watch the pilots strike. It's really that simple.

Actually, we didn't actually get a 15% direct contribution (B+C plan) when the pilot pensions were cancelled at UAL. We already had a 9% direct contribution (B plan) from before. UAL ALPA negotiated an additional 6% "C plan" contribution when our pensions were cancelled, which gives you the total of 15% that we get now. And yes, it's not a company match. We get it even if we contribute nothing to our 401K's.

UAL ALPA was also able to negotiate a 550M bond for the pilot group as well. This proceeds from the sale of this bond is supposed to be distributed within 6 months of UAL's exit from bankruptcy and will be divided amongst the pilot group. You guys at DAL should DEFINITELY get something like that as well, and if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read somewhere that DALPA's MEC was looking at even a bigger figure than the 550M we're going to get.

CFIT said:
ABSOLUTELY!

ROCK ON BROTHER!!

You have to get all of this fixed now! You need huge raises and should take back all the RJ flying (it's yours right? not the companies) and the min starting pay can't be less than 140hr. The furloughes get to tap the new hire FA classes and drive to training in new cars from the company.

The old cotract slogan was "United plus a Dollar", is the new one going to be "Southwest plus 2 bucks"?

You guys are truly brilliant.

Your airline isn't dead yet, youv'e managed to cut it off at the knees, now drive a stake thru it's heart.

Anyway all that talk of losing billions is just that, talk.

Get what is truly yours!

CFIT:
Did someone pee in your cheerios?? Another arm chair CEO. I guess its all the pilots' fault the airline is in the position it is huh sparky? When I want advice on how to do turns around a point, I'll call you, otherwise let us worry about DL, and you worry about flying "partial panel" ils approaches. 737

Last edited by a moderator:
ualdriver said:
Actually, we didn't actually get a 15% direct contribution (B+C plan) when the pilot pensions were cancelled at UAL. We already had a 9% direct contribution (B plan) from before. UAL ALPA negotiated an additional 6% "C plan" contribution when our pensions were cancelled, which gives you the total of 15% that we get now. And yes, it's not a company match. We get it even if we contribute nothing to our 401K's.

UAL ALPA was also able to negotiate a 550M bond for the pilot group as well. This proceeds from the sale of this bond is supposed to be distributed within 6 months of UAL's exit from bankruptcy and will be divided amongst the pilot group. You guys at DAL should DEFINITELY get something like that as well, and if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read somewhere that DALPA's MEC was looking at even a bigger figure than the 550M we're going to get.

Do the retired pilots who are losing anywhere from 65-85% of their retirements get to share any of that $550M bond, or are they getting sold out by the membership....again????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back