• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta lands on M in the ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread on the major board is eleven pages long and four pages here. That's fifteen pages and acarpe3448 still hasn't told us what he thinks of pilots who can't find their runway! I remember some of what he said. All the pilots who work for the airline that the offending pilots work for become a "damned dangerous pilot group". Come on carpie, remind me of the other stuff you said. ..l..
Good point, we haven't heard from that slack jawed mamma boy in a long time.
He's probably busy filling out his ASAP form and contact his Union rep because he recent;y landed on a taxiway.

Good grief, next time any of you fly into ATL at night, take a look at how dim the blue taxiway lights are at 500'. They are almost invisible! The runway lights are definitely brighter, even at low intensity. I think a few pilots are going to get a color vision test soon.

Good grief, next time any of you fly into ATL at night, take a look at how dim the blue taxiway lights are at 500'. They are almost invisible! The runway lights are definitely brighter, even at low intensity. I think a few pilots are going to get a color vision test soon.

Next time I'm landing west at night I'll get a good video of it. Maybe I'll sling it onto youtube.

It's been a while since I've been away from 121 Ops, but what happened to backing it up with the ILS? Seriously going to use the lights being dim as an excuse? Give me a break.
They got complacent and sloppy and F'ed up big time.

Justanumber...What if someone was on the taxi way ? If it was an emergency, nothing is quicker than landing on the RUNWAY, stopping, and having the EMT's come into the plane to assist.

Note the :D at the end of my post; there wasn't a little face with its tongue in its cheek to choose from, so I went with the big grin. I thought my "explanation" was pretty humorous! I wonder if it would hold up in court?

It's been a while since I've been away from 121 Ops, but what happened to backing it up with the ILS? Seriously going to use the lights being dim as an excuse? Give me a break.
They got complacent and sloppy and F'ed up big time.

What is Delta's policy on using the ILS (or at least a published approach) as a backup? It is certain that these guys were not using one. They may have dialed it in, but they weren't using it. And acarpe, where are you girl?

ILS not turned on for that runway

What is Delta's policy on using the ILS (or at least a published approach) as a backup? It is certain that these guys were not using one. They may have dialed it in, but they weren't using it. And acarpe, where are you girl?

Local news said the ILS wasn't turned on for that runway.
I started to wonder if the lights were off for 28; if 28 wasn't lit up, then they may have confused 27L for 28, and consequently confused M for 27R. Long shot, but then so is landing on blue lights.

Latest resources

Back