• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta lands on M in the ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah it will be all over the place if it's what it looks like.

The weird thing is that from the time they started their descent finally to landing was over 50 minutes. Other times I've seen stuff like this they've turned around and gotten down quick.

They didnt start their descent or slow down until they "woke up" either. If they were on an atc assigned delayed vector for traffic saturation, I dont know a single crew in the world that would continue trucking at cruise speed AWAY from their destination.

No doubt this will be a media frenzy very soon.

Last edited:
Yup... they were out. I know we're not single operating certificate yet, but just because one side makes a bonehead move doesn't mean the other should as well....

We need another kneejerk gov't reaction to fix this problem of inexperience and unprofessionalism at the airlines. 25,000 hrs min and a Space shuttle type rating to be a mainline pilot.....

anyone think it may have just been becasue of traffic/construction/weather? Maybe ATC sent them out to EAU and back in on that arrival for the sake of traffic flows. That way they didn't tie up needed airspace on the west side with an AC holding for an hour. Just sayin, it's possible.

anyone think it may have just been becasue of traffic/construction/weather? Maybe ATC sent them out to EAU and back in on that arrival for the sake of traffic flows. That way they didn't tie up needed airspace on the west side with an AC holding for an hour. Just sayin, it's possible.

I'd love to be able to blame that, and that was my first thought with the way things looked... unfortunately the reports indicate they were "out of communication."

Its possible.

But they stayed at the same altitude, airspeed, and heading after the last fix on that arrival. Why would they continue AWAY from their destination at cruise speed? Also look at arrivals at that same time. Most held at a fix on their arrival. Some went straight in. None were vectored a half state away.

I hope these guys were at the end of a 14 hour duty day and this gives some more emphasis to work rule changes.

Latest resources

Back