• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Jumpseaters on ASA/SkyW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No I do blame the pilots. DALPA filed a grievance as soon as we got Delta benefits and they've been out to get them back ever since. Now they got their wish.

No, I will NOT go out of my way, in fact I anticipate being very weight limited. Especially if an ER pilot named Lee shows up.

As an ASA captain I have no problem taking a Delta pilot on the jumpseat, he just needs to hand over five bucks since I have to pay five to ride his jumpseat. Now Scabwest pilots, thats a different story. I won't deny them the jumpseat, but if we are a pound over then I guess they will take a hike. At least 65% of them didn't want to go the extra mile to help us out, so why should I do anything extra to help them out.

No I do blame the pilots. DALPA filed a grievance as soon as we got Delta benefits and they've been out to get them back ever since. Now they got their wish.

No, I will NOT go out of my way, in fact I anticipate being very weight limited. Especially if an ER pilot named Lee shows up.
In my opinion these pilots just cut there own throat. I would say that more of them commute on us than the other way around. Now a two week ASA pilot gets on before a 20 year Delta captain.

As an ASA captain I have no problem taking a Delta pilot on the jumpseat, he just needs to hand over five bucks since I have to pay five to ride his jumpseat. Now Scabwest pilots, thats a different story. I won't deny them the jumpseat, but if we are a pound over then I guess they will take a hike. At least 65% of them didn't want to go the extra mile to help us out, so why should I do anything extra to help them out.

Lemme get an AMEN brotha!!!

Do Delta mainline employees have to pay to fly on their planes now too? I highly doubt that.

Yes, if you want your family members to have non-rev benefits, we all have to pay, once a year. The answer is YES.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, that's different than having to pay per flight. That's what we're talking about here.

Now, has anyone got a real read on the multiple jumpseat deal with Delta. If we are the second, or whatever, J/S to show are we going to be listed as a J/S with no charge or are we going to be charged and boarded behind the Buddy-passes?

As for the Scabwest pilots, I will deny them a ride in the cockpit based on safety of flight. I will not be able to safely babysit my wet-ticket FO and lecture the J/Ser on the finer points of our collective industry at the same time. Hopefully, time will ease my harshness, but right now I'm boiling. I actually would have had more respect for them if the 2/3 that didn't vote would have voted no.

I use to work at ASA and now I work at SkyWest or ScabWest or whatever you want to call it. You need to really look up the definition of a scab, because we are not.

The grass is MUCH greener at SkyWest. People are happier. They are happy to work towards a common goal of making the company work and be profitable (OMG, is that SO WRONG or what!?!?) They are happy to work towards saving fuel. ASA pilots seem to go WAY out of their way to burn fuel and deny jumpseats. What does that solve? It makes them feel better inside because they believe they are powerful.

Thanks for reminding me why I left that company. The jumpseat-denying, extra-fuel-burning, non-flexing attitude of the pilot group over there really is sheit!

Don't get me wrong, not everyone at ASA was like that, but from my experience (almost 2 years), the majority of captains over there will go out of their way to try to screw someone or the company up. They then teach the FO's exactly how to act when they become captains and thus you have the non-professional and un-ethical pilot group that ASA is today.

Now, has anyone got a real read on the multiple jumpseat deal with Delta. If we are the second, or whatever, J/S to show are we going to be listed as a J/S with no charge or are we going to be charged and boarded behind the Buddy-passes?

Delta was going to charge ASA pilots who use the multiple jumpseats to get around the pass charge. ASA management went to Delta and said it isn't fair that other pilots will ride for free while ASA pilots pay for the same jumpseat ride. Delta said that ASA pilots would be S3C and the other pilots would be S4. They came to an agreement that works like this:

You will have to decide whether you want to be S4 (free) or S3C (pass charge) when you get to the gate.

ASApuppy said:
As for the Scabwest pilots, I will deny them a ride in the cockpit based on safety of flight. I will not be able to safely babysit my wet-ticket FO and lecture the J/Ser on the finer points of our collective industry at the same time. Hopefully, time will ease my harshness, but right now I'm boiling. I actually would have had more respect for them if the 2/3 that didn't vote would have voted no.

Extremely shortsighted and unprofessional....

Latest resources

Back