• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You too Russ. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Russ said:
The way the actual JS is run these days is you have to have some connection to the guys who are carrying you.
Russ, not necessarily true if you participate in CASS. Delta pilots negotiated that CASS be implemented at DAL, it is part of our contract. Has your pilot group secured a similar agreement with your management?

If you are really that bent out of shape with DAL jumpseat privelidges, start a movement in your airline to rescind jumpseat priviledges at your airline for DAL pilots. Let us know how it goes.

FDJ2,

By the way, did we negotiate unlimited jumpseats in the back for multiple jumpseat riders? I honestly don't know the answer.

Bye Bye--General Lee

FDJ2
No, post Olympics the policy is acceptable. Thanks for your concerns however, plus I commute on company now.
A lot of your guys, Western guys would lose out if there were any JS war. Many places, SkyWest is the only game in town for them to get to work. Neither of us would be their Christmas card lists if we went down the path you suggest.

General

I'll set the alarm for about 3 am or so....

General Lee said:
FDJ2,

By the way, did we negotiate unlimited jumpseats in the back for multiple jumpseat riders? I honestly don't know the answer.

Bye Bye--General Lee
The TA refers to implementation of CASS nlt 9 months after the effective date of the PWA and implementation of the flow through of jumpseaters as outlined in JK letter to Malone. I'm not sure of the details, but judging by the negotiator notepad, it appears that initially there will be a reciprocal flow through with SWA and AA

Here's what the negotiator notepad says on the matter.

"Establish a reciprocal flow-through jumpseat arrangement with American and

Southwest. As this provision becomes industry standard, we hope Flight Operations

will work with us to expand this to pilot groups at all airlines.

Implement CASS (jumpseat access for all authorized pilots from other airlines) within 9months"

Russ said:
FDJ2
No, post Olympics the policy is acceptable. Thanks for your concerns however, plus I commute on company now.
A lot of your guys, Western guys would lose out if there were any JS war. Many places, SkyWest is the only game in town for them to get to work. Neither of us would be their Christmas card lists if we went down the path you suggest.
It's not the path I suggest, but judging by your comments it seems like you have a hard over with DAL jumpseat priviledges, so why don't you take it up with your jumpseat coordinator. Otherwise this is all just hot air and chest pounding.

I assume that you see no need to implement CASS at Skywest. Why not? If the cabin is full, how else is a jumpseater suppose to actually access the jumpseat?

Making assumptions is not without risk. I favor CASS. My rudimentary understanding is that the carrier must belong to ATA, at least initially. SkyWest, and I believe most regionals are not party to it.

"seems like you have a hard over with DAL jumpseat priviledges"

Again, post Olympics the DAL policy is acceptable. Could be improved, but with some notable exceptions it got me where I needed to go. Hopefully that puts it to rest for you, yes/no?

Hi Russ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes Russ, I do. I have a pretty good schedule this month, with 4 long SAN overnights on 3 day trips. But, I still have a few more days off.

How about you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back