Delta Jumpseat Policy Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General

To the pilots of DAL, whom comprise a small percentage of the overall pilot population, sure I can see why they think DAL has a superior policy. When compared however to the entire JS eligible pilot population, at your own admission SkyWest has the better policy.
You could say you won a battle, with the DAL pilots not able to sit up front on UA SkyWest flights. I however won the war as the greater numbers are served by us than you.

Tony:
"You're trying to compare cockpit jumpseats with cabin jumpseats"

I recognize the argument he is trying to make.
Both policies must not be viewed by individual clauses, but by the sum of its parts.

Just to clarify, SKYW pilots are not currently allowed to sit in the actual jumpseat on international flights. SKYW pilots are unable to list for the actual like other DCI's. Required per TSA.

Trip,

That may be true on INTL flights, but you still would get priority to sit in the back if there is room on those INTL flights. (via the jumpseat)

Russ,

The cockpit jumpseat was my argument the whole time. It is great that you can allow umlimited jumpseaters in the back, and maybe we will have that soon also. But, my beef was about the double standard---allowing any of your pilots to sit upfront in the cockpit (when the back was full), and then you guys not reciprocating. That is huge, since a lot of your flights are full since you have less seats available on your aircraft. I am glad that you now notice that our cockpit jumpseat procedure is superior, and hopefully you guys will figure out how to make the process more advantageous to us---since we do allow you a "better chance" to make it home when our planes are full in the back.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"The cockpit jumpseat was my argument the whole time"

One dimensional argument on your part. If I had to go pick up a JS policy and implement it today, balancing the good and the bad of both and with regard to all 121 eligible JS'ers SkyWest's is superior.

Russ,

One dimensional, huh? I pointed that out initially---that I was talking about the cockpit jumpseat, and you decided to take to the other "dimensions." Where exactly do you think the "jumpseat" is? Is it in the back? Nope. You can give "free seats in back" to whoever youwant, but the jumpseat is upfront. You should know that! If I were to fly on one of your United RJs and it was full in the back, I would appreciate a seat in the cockpit----BUT YOU CAN'T GIVE ME ONE, EVEN THOUGH WE CAN GIVE ANY ONE OF YOUR PILOTS, REGARDLESS WHAT PLANE THEY FLY AND WHO THEY FEED, A SEAT IN OUR COCKPIT. YOU CANNOT DO THE SAME. THAT IS WRONG RUSS. Loud and clear Russ? You keep pointing out that you can allow more than one in the back, but what happens when you are full and you have that jumpseat upfront? If it were on us---we would let you sit in the cockpit..... Are you guys usually empty?

Bye Bye--General Lee

For you general, there's always room up front... as long as its the same color as your jet and not that of your competition for whom you provide no positive return. That's a fact, wish you could, butcha can't.

I see this is a battle for the last word.

Your argument simply doesn't hold water as to why you should be allowed up front on a UA plane. I fully understand your argument, by this point and your numerous iterations of it I see the argument your making. Just because you put forth a salient point doesn't mean its a valid one. The way the actual JS is run these days is you have to have some connection to the guys who are carrying you. I do to DAL because I fly DAL passengers along with UAL ones. You don't as you don't carry any UAL pax that would allow you to use the same argument and claim some right to the privledge of a UEX JS. If in theory you had some business agreements with UA, then you might have a leg to stand on.
My personal opinion is you and everyone else should be allowed, but not on the strength of your argument. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Looks like the opinions that matter at the top side with me.

Russ,

Ok, well of course I want the last word. The main reason I even started this with you was because you were complaining about our jumpseat policy. I responded by saying that we were trying to fix it, and I still haven't figured out yet if we did ask for unlimited in the back. I will have to call Dalpa. Hopefully we did ask for it and we hopefully will get it. I think $5 billion should be enough to pay for that right. Also, I hope I pointed out to you that your own policy is not really a great one, and that no jumpseat policy will be "perfect" until everyone gets CASS and we all can allow unlimited jumpseaters in the back. That will be wonderful if it ever happens. So, once again----make sure that your own policy is perfect before complaining about another company's policy. Take care and good debate. You can have the last word if you want, unless you slam me---then I will have to respond.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Have a great night Russ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back