• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta jumpseat issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just guessing, but I'd say his airline bought him a ticket.

Super! then what's his beef with JUMPSEATING?

(Work with me.....let's see if he comes clean with the fact that if he can't get to work and one phone call later to his scheduler, he magically gets a Positive space ticket for free and bumps Delta employees or family)

Happens all the time dfw-msp.

Super! then what's his beef with JUMPSEATING?

(Work with me.....let's see if he comes clean with the fact that if he can't get to work and one phone call later to his scheduler, he magically gets a Positive space ticket for free and bumps Delta employees or family)

And mainline dhds on dci from time to time, including expanded dci deluxe service by the "reputable operation" of GoJet next month! Go ahead, put the fam on! All dci carriers are safe and reliable just like mainline!

And mainline dhds on dci from time to time, including expanded dci deluxe service by the "reputable operation" of GoJet next month! Go ahead, put the fam on! All dci carriers are safe and reliable just like mainline!

We'd have to start a whole other thread.....

I was running for a flight home and made it to the gate about 20 prior to departure. The door was still open, and everyone was already on. I approached the door and handed the former NW agent my pass. She scans is, then with a look on her face like I was the scum of the earth, says "you haven't been cleared yet. Go stand over there". I look around, and I'm the only one there. Ok, I go stand over there. What happened next was like Meet The Parents. Five minutes go by where she pretends to be busy, then she picks up the PA, stares at me, and announces over the PA, "May I have your attention please, all standbys have now been cleared for flight xxx to xxx". I go back over there and hand her my pass. She sneers and says, "all the overhead bins are full, you need to check your bags". I tell her I have a deadhead crew tag and will take the bags down myself. She says "let me see it". I pull it out and show it to her. She says "let me see you fill it out". At this point, I just rolled my eyes, walked down the jetway, and took my bags down to the side of the plane. But the point is, if they'll treat someone who works for their own company this badly, I can't imagine how bad they treat OALs. All I can do is apologize. Unfortunately, nothing will change until some of these mean old people retire or finally get themselves fired now that they no longer have a union protecting them.

And I've had UAL agents deny me because I wasn't listed 30 minutes prior.

Gup

Delta does that now too. Policy changed about a year ago when DAL required jumpseater passport info to be entered into the computer. Agents complained they "didn't have time" for all that (lazy), so DAL implemented a 30 minute cutoff. And I've seen people be rudely denied showing up 28 minutes prior.

Latest resources

Back