Delta JFK announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Half a loaf....

...The vast majority of the guys that retired in the year prior to bankruptcy lost upwards to half of their retirement. Almost all of us took the lump sum check, which accounted for half of the pension and were supposed (per our binding contract) to receive the remainder, monthly,for the rest of our lives. Those monies,(for the most part) and our medical benefits (again per our contract) went bye-bye...Hey..it`s just business they said...

Sad, but true. In light of such a swindle, it seems incredible that early retirement was still the wise move, but it was! Unfortunately for those still flying, greedy companies are not finished with their "just business" transactions. :(

"(and the retired guys got most of their pension anyway)".....This is a quote from one of the General`s many, many posts.....I want to know just exactly what kind of Kool Aid this guy is drinking. The vast majority of the guys that retired in the year prior to bankruptcy lost upwards to half of their retirement. Almost all of us took the lump sum check, which accounted for half of the pension and were supposed (per our binding contract) to receive the remainder, monthly,for the rest of our lives. Those monies,(for the most part) and our medical benefits (again per our contract) went bye-bye...Hey..it`s just business they said. General, you are probably a nice enough guy, but, cut the B.S. please.

I never said you got all of your money, but MANY of the retired guys thought that the lump sum was the end of it. In fact, that is not the case for many. The retired guys got an $880 million claim in the claim sale, and the PBGC was made whole in their own claim. So, most got more than they were expecting. Hey, BK is tough. You can't expect everything to remain the same when a company goes BK. I understand that your medical benefits were reduced or rid of, and that is the same for me. We all pay more now for medical benefits, while our pay is less for a 757/767FO now than it was for a 727FO back when you were flying probably. That is the way it goes, and hopefully we will regain some of the things we lost. Good luck on your retirement, and I am a nice guy most of the time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"(and the retired guys got most of their pension anyway)".....This is a quote from one of the General`s many, many posts.....I want to know just exactly what kind of Kool Aid this guy is drinking. The vast majority of the guys that retired in the year prior to bankruptcy lost upwards to half of their retirement. Almost all of us took the lump sum check, which accounted for half of the pension and were supposed (per our binding contract) to receive the remainder, monthly,for the rest of our lives. Those monies,(for the most part) and our medical benefits (again per our contract) went bye-bye...Hey..it`s just business they said. General, you are probably a nice enough guy, but, cut the B.S. please.

Not so fast Retired guy....

You guys made out better than those still here....plain and simple, end of story!! We could point fingers at whose to blame all day long, but when the day ends.......you guys who left did better than the rest of us. Are you going to be the only one without medical after retirement??? I won't have it either......At least you got SOMETHING.

Will Burguey was lining your guys pockets in office and then robbing ours when out of office. Sue everybody.....that's the spirit!!! I'm not too sympathetic when a guy who left early with a lump cries me a river of his lost income....or medical!!

Didn't we have this argument 2 years ago? Valid points on all sides guys, but nothing we can do to change the past.

Quite true......

But we can influence the future!!!

Quite true......

But we can influence the future!!!

Want to influence the future? Stop voting yes to every POS that our union puts in front of us. It will never cease to amaze me what the Delta pilot group will vote yes too.

PS, that was not directed at you Bill.
PPS, unless you voted yes to LOA51;)

Want to influence the future? Stop voting yes to every POS that our union puts in front of us. It will never cease to amaze me what the Delta pilot group will vote yes too.

PS, that was not directed at you Bill.
PPS, unless you voted yes to LOA51;)

Gotcha.... ;)

Last YES vote from me was for Furlough Assessments......

Latest resources

Back