• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100 pilots is a nice number to start the Compass/Mesaba flow. Let's hope it's true.

I heard a rumor Delta Air Lines is getting ready to do some hiring in January 2010. Anyone knows if this is true?
Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dude, put down the crack pipe. All of my friends are getting bumped out of their bases(LAX,SLC) back to Atlanta. Delta is more likely getting ready to furlough.

Why would DAL hire? They are a massively sick cow at the moment. Saddled by $44 billion in debt and billions in losses. That is simply not a sustainable way to run a business. Unless the economy turns in a massive way, DAL will need to furlough to run a proper business. Not saying I agree with furloughs, I don't. But running a business is common-sense.

Thus far, the merger is a failure. Except for execs, all stakeholders lost money. Now perhaps they'll turn this situation around and it will prove to be a success. Time will tell. But considering the stock went down on the merger announcement and never recovered, coupled with the fact that they've done nothing but lose money ever since, I would call that a poor transaction.

I'm sure DAL pilots looking through rose-colored glasses will disagree. And why wouldn't they? They understandably want (read: need) this to work.

On the other hand, if the economy takes off from here like a rocket, which I doubt, then of course all airlines will expand and hire... DAL included.

Last edited:
Why would DAL hire? They are a massively sick cow at the moment. Saddled by $44 billion in debt and billions in losses. That is simply not a sustainable way to run a business. Unless the economy turns in a massive way, DAL will need to furlough to run a proper business. Not saying I agree with furloughs, I don't. But running a business is common-sense.

Thus far, the merger is a failure. Except for execs, all stakeholders lost money. Now perhaps they'll turn this situation around and it will prove to be a success. Time will tell. But considering the stock went down on the merger announcement and never recovered, coupled with the fact that they've done nothing but lose money ever since, I would call that a poor transaction.

I'm sure DAL pilots looking through rose-colored glasses will disagree. And why wouldn't they? They understandably want (read: need) this to work.

On the other hand, if the economy takes off from here like a rocket, which I doubt, then of course all airlines will expand and hire... DAL included.

Sick Cow?? :confused: :cool:

Dont worry, your merger is next. ;)

Last edited:
Sick Cow?? :confused: :cool:

Dont worry, your merger is next. ;)

Yah, no doubt ours is next. And of course I know it won't be pretty. In fact, I think it will be an all-out war on the SLI front. But until the merger is announced, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Don't take it so personally. Just follow the financial data. If you were an investor in DAL, would you be happy right now? One cannot ignore their massive debt burden. They will likely renegotiate most of it on terms but the debt still remains.

Anderson makes $13.2 million on the deal, everyone else is left holding the bag wondering whether this global behemoth is going to work.

Yeah, financially DAL is a sick cow. So are most airlines in the US but DAL, by far, has the highest financial hurdles in front of them. I'm not saying I think they will fail. Not by a longshot. I just think the transaction (merger), THUS FAR, is proving to be a poor decision. But time will tell. Hopefully, for your sake and that of all my DAL buddies, the deal willl work.

Don't shoot the messenger. The financial data is publicly available info.

Yah, no doubt ours is next. And of course I know it won't be pretty. In fact, I think it will be an all-out war on the SLI front. But until the merger is announced, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Don't take it so personally. Just follow the financial data. If you were an investor in DAL, would you be happy right now? One cannot ignore their massive debt burden. They will likely renegotiate most of it on terms but the debt still remains.

Anderson makes $13.2 million on the deal, everyone else is left holding the bag wondering whether this global behemoth is going to work.

Yeah, financially DAL is a sick cow. So are most airlines in the US but DAL, by far, has the highest financial hurdles in front of them. I'm not saying I think they will fail. Not by a longshot. I just think the transaction (merger), THUS FAR, is proving to be a poor decision. But time will tell. Hopefully, for your sake and that of all my DAL buddies, the deal willl work.

Don't shoot the messenger. The financial data is publicly available info.

We have the credit to restructure our debt. A lot of airlines do not. Did you buy your house in cash? Riiiiiight. It is all about making current payments, and if you are able to extend that timeline, all the better. I think you need to take a job on CNBC----you sure seem like the next Kramer.... And let me get this straight? You don't think our merger has worked? You don't? I think most people disagree with you, and many other airlines are watching this to see if it is right for them too. A small recession has hit during the middle of it, but when that is over better things will happen, and we do have more than $5 billion in cash to cover us until then. Listen Kramer, if you really need to do some "due diligence", take a look at how likely it is for you to get a date, with a girl.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
As of last week...(from one of the Reps)

We're fat through the winter, but unless the recover completely tanks, we'll be short as soon as May.

Don't really need much in the way of a/c orders to ramp up flying dramatically because we have low utilization right now and the company needs to pay down debt as a lot of cash is going towards interest.

Having said that, they recognize that it's a buyer's market right now and they are ready to jump on any opportunities that might arise. (Like LGA for example.)

Latest resources

Back