• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard they are looking for alot of low time/young aged pilots. I think it is great to give someone a chance, especially those with low time. They are just as trainable to fly the autopilot as anyone else.

A few things for all. There is by no means a concrete ceiling on time. The 6000 hr cap is for the filter that I as well as a few other people have been told they are using. Now if you have a good in, a few goodies on your resume (Line Check Airman, Chief Pilot, WIA, etc), basically something that stands out, all bets are off. You could get a call with 20K hrs. What I was told is that they one, think of trainability and two, why you are where you are and have not gotten hired somewhere else.
With that said, there are a lot of people that have voiced their grave concerns over this and want to see it changed. They have stated that the guys with 7K plus are the ones that were on the bubble in 01 and got caught after 9/11. I think that you will see a lot of guys and gals with more time get hired now. Namely because more qualified applicants are now applying with DAL going it alone.
One a side note, if you are waiting to hear about a class, call. They will not tell you are hired, but they will tell you one of two things. One, that they are waiting for a class date for you, or two, you are cleared for training. What the second one means is that all of the boxes are yes, and you are good to go. Most of the pilots in that group are waiting for the PRIA info to come back. If you did not lie then expect a class. From what I was just told today that will be late April or early May.
I hopes this helps.

No call for me yet.
7000 total, 4000 PIC turbine, Delta Legacy (my dad's a retired DAL pilot), Delta Conn (SkyWest), 2 internal recommendations.

Well the reason....you fly for skywst! Sorry, had to be said!!!!:laugh:

I have heard they are looking for alot of low time/young aged pilots. I think it is great to give someone a chance, especially those with low time. They are just as trainable to fly the autopilot as anyone else.

Low Time? I guess if you consider over 5000 hours low time. In 2000 I think I had around 7000 hours and 6000 turbine. Does not look like it has changed that much.

Low Time? I guess if you consider over 5000 hours low time. In 2000 I think I had around 7000 hours and 6000 turbine. Does not look like it has changed that much.

During 9/11, I had around 2300 hours, 1500 turbine, and 0 121 PIC. I would say that I was way underqualified. Now at 7400TT, 6500 turbine and 4900 121 PIC, I have too much. What is wrong with this picture? I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
During 9/11, I had around 2300 hours, 1500 turbine, and 0 121 PIC. I would say that I was way underqualified. Now at 7400TT, 6500 turbine and 4900 121 PIC, I have too much. What is wrong with this picture? I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Drop me a private message and I will see if I can get your info into the right hands. I appreciate the help ASA gave several years back!

Well the reason....you fly for skywst! Sorry, had to be said!!!!:laugh:

Hey! I'm a SkyWest guy and I just got the email. I'll be calling tomorrow to schedule the interview date. Anyone know where to get some good interview gouge?

Fly Safe,

AirMorgan

E-120 Check Airman
5800 hours
2900 TPIC

Latest resources

Back