• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Further update on new hire classes. Just spoke to my source...sez next class of 30 will be on 21 February. They are using the last 4 numbers of SS number to determine senority within class. That way can`t be sued for age descrimination...who would have figured someone would sue because of that?

Further update on new hire classes. Just spoke to my source...sez next class of 30 will be on 21 February. They are using the last 4 numbers of SS number to determine senority within class. That way can`t be sued for age descrimination...who would have figured someone would sue because of that?

So which would have higher seniority, last 4 digits of 1234 or 9876??

Little FYI, according to Jim Whitehurst's last online chat we have 66 airplane deliveries scheduled between now and 2010. At 7 crews per plane thats over 900 pilots....add to that many will be widebodies used for LR & ULR flying requiring 3-4 pilot crews. That 400 number for next year could be right on the money.

He also hinted at another 25 airplane orders after BK exit. Of course anything could happen but its definitely positive news.

Little FYI, according to Jim Whitehurst's last online chat we have 66 airplane deliveries scheduled between now and 2010. At 7 crews per plane thats over 900 pilots....add to that many will be widebodies used for LR & ULR flying requiring 3-4 pilot crews. That 400 number for next year could be right on the money.

He also hinted at another 25 airplane orders after BK exit. Of course anything could happen but its definitely positive news.

What about airframes that are leaving the property? MD-88s, 757s? Any word on that?

He did not mention that...you can read the transcript on DeltaNET. He also wasn't asked. The only thing he even hinted about was the need to replace the 767s down the road...and well all know that'll be the 787. I have not heard of any fleet replacements (from ANY source) at this point. Obviously there will be fleet renewal in the future, but I don't think in the next couple years immediately. He said he would like to see a larger mainline fleet. I think the next couple years will be focused on increasing revenue opportunities and investing in the product. He also hinted at major (and much-needed) upgrades to the JFK facility.

Also said most of the 76-seat CRJs are 50-seat replacement with very little total airframe growth.

Going in later this week for my interview. You can see my #'s in my profile (all mil, all multi, all turbine). Judging by the profiles interviewed thus far, I'm the "token" military guy. I will post how the interview went later. Have heard the overall tone, style and content of the interview has not changed since '01 or so. I'll most certainly find out soon enough. Can't wait. Looking forward to this opportunity.

I have heard that the 5500 is the magic number. I know that there have been guys and gals that have gotten in above that, but they were well connected. I was in fact told that this was what their initial filter was. It is something that they can change at anytime. It is all up to the powers that be in the hiring dept. I have seen that there are a few guys and gals with no connections to DAL that are now getting called. I guess that they are starting to burn through that pile really quick. Either way it is great to see them hiring again.

What about airframes that are leaving the property? MD-88s, 757s? Any word on that?

I would not expect to see any 88s leaving until the 2010-2011 time frame. The 757s might start to see a few trickle out in 08-09, but nothing significant.

Latest resources

Back