• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean age 60 won't affect you much. If it goes to 65, your retirement list will look like this:

2007-0
2008-0
2009-0
2010-0
2011-0
2012-29
2013-60
2014-70
2015-91
2016-130
2017-159
2018-220
2019-265
2020-333
2021-474
2022-556

It will affect every airline. End of discussion.

I just spoke to a fellow that I had recommended for a pilot job at Delta (He was hired for the first class that started today). He tells me that there are 8 people in the first class. He thinks that one is a former military guy, several from ASA, a couple from AirTran and the other one or two were from other commuters. All former captains with several thousand hours in turbojets and quite a bit of PIC time. Supposed to be 40 in the next class. BTW, if the age 65 rule comes to pass, it will be at least 18 months to two years coming, and not all will want to stay around that long. I quit at 57 1/2 and was quite happy to do it.

Correction to my last post. 10 in the current class, supposed to be 14, but 4 didn`t show up. 9 got the MD 88, one the 737-800. Don`t know where they will be based. Supposed to be 40 next month, maybe two classes of 20 each. Good luck to all....

Where have you seen the 400 for next year posted? I have not seen anything about '08. Thanks.

I don't think there is an official number out for new hires in 2008 yet, but I would not be surprised to see at least 400 new hires in '08. A rough wag on the numbers would be 2% growth = approx. 130 pilots + 79 retirements + approx. 100 pilots who leave after cashing in the claim and the note + 50 LTD ( less than 1% of pilot group LTD each year) + appoximately 50 pilots due to increased pilot needs as the company continues to grow international flying (I believe DAL takes delivery of at least 2 777LRs in'08). That's just a very rough wag at the numbers, but 400+ in '08 is more likely than not.

I don't think there is an official number out for new hires in 2008 yet, but I would not be surprised to see at least 400 new hires in '08. A rough wag on the numbers would be 2% growth = approx. 130 pilots + 79 retirements + approx. 100 pilots who leave after cashing in the claim and the note + 50 LTD ( less than 1% of pilot group LTD each year) + appoximately 50 pilots due to increased pilot needs as the company continues to grow international flying (I believe DAL takes delivery of at least 2 777LRs in'08). That's just a very rough wag at the numbers, but 400+ in '08 is more likely than not.

Can I have a hit off that?

100 pilots leaving after the claim is pretty extreme...sounds like all the "mass exodus FO resignations" we heard about last year....and what, 15 left?

If someone stays for the claim, they'll stay for the note, then they'll stay for the profit sharing, they'll stay for the raise... etc. etc. Before you know it, "well, I was thinking about leaving but...."

Just like all my Captains going to Emirates....

Correction to my last post. 10 in the current class, supposed to be 14, but 4 didn`t show up. 9 got the MD 88, one the 737-800. Don`t know where they will be based. Supposed to be 40 next month, maybe two classes of 20 each. Good luck to all....

Just curious, the four who didnt show up....are they planning to go into the next class or just decided they didnt want to take the job?

...heard some guys in the crew lounge (asa) talking about a "filter" big D used involving total flight time. I didn't hear the low end...but they said the upper end was about 5500hrs. All others aren't considered at the moment.

anyone...anyone???

Latest resources

Back