• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, the four who didnt show up....are they planning to go into the next class or just decided they didnt want to take the job?

I do know of at least one hicup during the medical part... still has a conditional offer and is planning on being in class but needs to get some stuff taken care of first.

...heard some guys in the crew lounge (asa) talking about a "filter" big D used involving total flight time. I didn't hear the low end...but they said the upper end was about 5500hrs. All others aren't considered at the moment.

anyone...anyone???

Haven't heard that and do know of 1 person with an interview with more time then that. Besides... flight ops said the average flight time was around 5500 so unless everybody has that, that means for every lower time person they hire there's a higher time person to average it out.

...heard some guys in the crew lounge (asa) talking about a "filter" big D used involving total flight time. I didn't hear the low end...but they said the upper end was about 5500hrs. All others aren't considered at the moment.

anyone...anyone???

I have more than 5500tt and 1 LOR but no interview yet.

Here is what I know for sure (facts):
8 in first class
1 turned down the first class date to give ASA 2 weeks notice...idiot!
1 person had medical issue but were resolved last week and is in 1st class
80% hire rate. Most aren´t passing the cognitive test, including one military guy
total time of one guy was roughly 5000 with less than 1000 PIC
next class is on the 19th.
I personally know 6 ASA pilots that have interviewed. 1 in 1 out others don´t know
2 ex ASA pilots now at Airtran have interviewed...one got it other don´t know.
All old gouge on DAL hiring is spot on, so study all you can find.

Good Luck

Cheers

100 pilots leaving after the claim is pretty extreme...sounds like all the "mass exodus FO resignations" we heard about last year....and what, 15 left?

If someone stays for the claim, they'll stay for the note, then they'll stay for the profit sharing, they'll stay for the raise... etc. etc. Before you know it, "well, I was thinking about leaving but...."

Just like all my Captains going to Emirates....

There's quite a bit of money on the table with the note and the claim, both of which will be paid out in '08. 100 pilots is not at all too extreme. That's just only about 1.5% of DAL pilots. What was the by-pass rate? I'm not saying that we will see a mass exodus, but 1%-2% is not unrealistic. Quite a few will take the money and move on to greener pastures. Believe me, there are greener pastures for some depending on their personal circumstance.

There's quite a bit of money on the table with the note and the claim, both of which will be paid out in '08. 100 pilots is not at all too extreme. That's just only about 1.5% of DAL pilots. What was the by-pass rate? I'm not saying that we will see a mass exodus, but 1%-2% is not unrealistic. Quite a few will take the money and move on to greener pastures. Believe me, there are greener pastures for some depending on their personal circumstance.

I think the claim will be paid out in '07.

I think the claim will be paid out in '07.

and the note in '08. Sorry for the confusion, I should have said the note and the claim will be paid out by '08. The claim should be paid out in '07 and the note 6-12 month after BK exit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back