• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For now they are looking at applicants with less than 6000 hrs. That is not to say that they will not hire anyone with more than that. As it has been relayed to me, this is what their filter is. I have discussed this with one of the interviewers and she agrees that this needs to change. What and see who they call. It is truly up to Capt. Swift and no one else. He is the one that make the determination on who gets the call.

For now they are looking at applicants with less than 6000 hrs.

And the logic behind that is what, exactly?? I don't doubt what you're saying, but that just makes no sense. By that "filter", the guy with 3500 TT and 1500 PIC gets an interview while the guy with 7000 TT and 5000 PIC gets passed over. To put it another way, the guy who upgraded the day before 9/11 and has been toiling away at his regional of choice, building quality experience for 6 years is now a less qualified applicant than the Riddle wunderkind who was hired in 2003 with a wet commercial ticket, took a quick upgrade, and let dispatchers, schedulers, and Chief Pilots babysit him through being a Captain. Never thought I'd see the day when people were being turned down by Legacy carriers for being "overqualified". If this really is the new model, we ought to just go ahead and take pilots out of airplanes now.

I despise this business. It's no wonder I drink.

Last edited:
I agree that that is the situation that I am in. I was the ideal candidate in 01 and now with over 8000 hrs I am un-trainable.
I guess that there is some precedence for this. FedEx told me to get my stuff in and on board before I had 9500 hrs. I guess it gets more difficult to get a job there after that amount of time.

No call for me yet.
7000 total, 4000 PIC turbine, Delta Legacy (my dad's a retired DAL pilot), Delta Conn (SkyWest), 2 internal recommendations.

Me either

7400 TT
6500 Turbine
4900 121 PIC

2 internal recs, 1 more retired
ASA for over 7 years

Now I'm nervous that I'm over qualified..

Amazing. Six years ago I had 5200 tt and 1800 PIC turbine and they wouldn't look at me. Now I've got 9800 tt and 4500 PIC and I'm over qualified. Next time I go to dentist... I want the mediocure one.

my boyfriend is in that same situation. How can you be over qualified?!?!?!? 6500TT 4500PIC. I am getting sick thinking of all his friends that have been hired at continental with much less time and they won't even look at his ap. He has his ap at delta too. This industry is definitly weird. Let's just hope for tha SWA call on friday.... sorry just venting...

3K Jet PIC
4 types
Heavy int'l experince.
1 internal rec who walked my stuff in to the right people.
No call

Latest resources

Back