• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't wait. Looking forward to this opportunity.

Military time is treated differently, I'm sure your numbers are competitive for a military trained pilot. They wouldn't have invited you to the interview if they didn't want to hire you. You'll do fine. Good luck!:)

So, it's possible to be too qualified to get an interview?

I'd bet that it is. The younger, less experienced and more naive the better chance of probably getting one to stay. Probably be more willing to listen to Gen Lee without a conflict.:laugh: Just kidding Gen.

I'd bet that it is. The younger, less experienced and more naive the better chance of probably getting one to stay. Probably be more willing to listen to Gen Lee without a conflict.:laugh: Just kidding Gen.

Don't you ever get tired of spewing the same old Delta - Air Tran hatred?

I had something great to say, but nah.....:)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Does anybody know if being a former employee helps? Alternatively, do you still need the 5000 plus hours?

I am of the 95 percent of us who normally only read this board. I'll take the jump into the 5 percent and actually post my comments for awf3. Well for what it is worth as a former Delta employee from 99-03 (currently furloughed from in-flight.) I have been at a regional for three years. I too am still short 5000 hrs. My stuff went in Dec 20. I have three internal recs. I have spoken with RW in Flight Ops HR. He assured me my application would be evaluated. I don't mean to sound impatient or like anything is owed me as a former employee. I AM OWED NOTHING! There are certainly many more qualified applicants than me in terms of overall experience. What I am getting at, is while being a former employee might help I think it is still more important to have Captain Swift personally review your stuff. In my case I would bet my low PIC time is hindering me. Who knows maybe in a years time I"ll have more of the PIC time they are looking for. In conclusion, what I mean to say is as a former employee with internal recs I would still consider it a miracle if I got called for an interview. Have a great day.

I agree on the new blood. I do not know for sure, but we have some that are still furloughed at ASA.

I just talked to one of the people "In the know" and they reaffirmed the 5500 hr thing. The trick is to get Jon and John to pull your stuff and take a look at it. Like me that is when you will get the call.

They have some very big plans around the corner. It would be nice to get in on the front side of things.

Are you saying you need 5500 total time or need more than 5500. My uncle has been with Delta since 88. He knew Swift when he was the Chief at SLC. My uncle is now in ATL and cannot find out how to get in contact with Swift. Can you let me know how "your help" got in contact with Swift.

Two of the new hires in the first class came from Pinnacle. Both were DTW based captains. One of them is expected to be #1 on the seniority list for his last four years at DAL.

Latest resources

Back