• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interview Invites are going out!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They don't have a union do they? Maybe other employees, but the pilots aren't as far as I can tell.

Well, IIRC, Capt.Charlie Dolson was one of the founding reps at the formation of ALPA...in the 1930s. And they've been ALPA ever since.

If I'm wrong, I was seriously victimized for more than 3 decades as someone took ALPA dues out of my paychecks for all that time...and I wrote countless strike assessment checks.

And Flower Fund !! I was always current on the Flower Fund.

If I was scammed, I want all that money back...including the Flower Fund !

Don't want to join ? OK, you don't have to, but agency shop is in effect. Think of it as fee for services rendered. That seems reasonable to me.

A book titled, "Flying the Line", might be interesting for you, especially if you intend to apply to Widget Wonderland.

Wow! They got ripped off then. After the concessions and crap contracts, I just assumed there was no collective bargaining going on and that's why the company was able to bend the pilots over. Can't believe you have to pay dues for that. With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

I'll still probably work there as long as I don't have to go to ATL. I hate the heat.

Well, it was good while it lasted, couldn't even complete 2 pages before the crap
starts spewing. I shouldn't be surprised by this. Any other constructive inputs, especially from DAL folks with insight on work rules and QOL feel free to PM me please!

Well, it was good while it lasted, couldn't even complete 2 pages before the crap starts spewing. I shouldn't be surprised by this.

Please accept my apology. I didn't think I was posting "crap" but rather historical perspective for someone who didn't appear to have any...and felt my response was respectful, measured and conveyed appropriate knowledge for someone intending, by his own admission, to apply to Delta.

My error.

Over & out.

Last edited:
bafanguy... No need, it wasn't your post to which I was referring. I thought your response was good considering it's intended audience.

Semper Fi,and Godspeed to your wife !!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back