• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interview Invites are going out!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would do the same if not for the pesky math! I am riding it in with you from lower on the SL... Good luck to us all! I agree DL has tons of upside, and talk about getting in on the beginning of a hiring cycle too!!

Seems like DAL would be the better choice, but realistically both airlines are here to stay and she will fly up the seniority list at either one due to retirements alone. But I think she would experience a lot less labor/management grief at DAL.

My wife received one yesterday. She's stoked, I would imagine its in one of the first groups they sent out! Has a class date at US on 10/14 in case it doesn't go well. Progression won't be as fast at DL but IMHO DL offers a lot more stability. Any thoughts from those at either carrier? Please, I respectfully request not to turn this into a mine is bigger than yours flame thread. We are honestly looking for constructive input from all angles.

The combined US/AA seniority movement (assuming merger passes) will trump Delta movement in my opinion. Others will most likely disagree.

The combined US/AA seniority movement (assuming merger passes) will trump Delta movement in my opinion. Others will most likely disagree.

I agree, however that's not a sure thing of happening at this point. If I had to choose between delta and us airways at this moment I would choose delta.

That's not a bad position to be in if she gets a choice. While DAL is a well run company she will make Capt quicker at AA/US. This will mean more $ in the long run at AA if that's important. She will also be on reserve a shorter time at US. Tough decision. Ultimately the best way to decide may be based on where you live and which base would be the easiest commute.

With two of you at different airlines with the potential to be based in the same city, ATL. That will make a huge difference in your quality of life.

Thinking about putting my stuff in. Coming up on retirement soon. I wish they paid better...but I figure I can just kill time and stay current until something better comes along.

Do any of you guys know where I'll be based after training?

At least you don't have to pay union dues at Delta.

Last edited:
We live in MCO (where I am based) from mid October until Memorial Day. We spend our summers in NH. There aren't many MCO-ATL commuters are there??? (Sarcasm) ATL would work as would NYC at DL for commuting from both places. I am reticent to give up my MCO spot at this point and move to GA where there is an income tax and other economic disadvantages but nothing's off the table in the long run for our QOL. Thanks for all the input!

Latest resources

Back