Delta in SEA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

So there has been some talk about them opening up a pilot base there. What A/C do you think will eventually have a pilot base there? With the exception of the 330 which is there already.

Me thinks 7ER and maybe 767. An A320 base would be great for the not-so-incredibly-senior Delta pilot. Can only dream.

How about the cities along the west coast going to 767 (PDX-NRT, LAX-NRT) and all the stuff in the south Pacific (Guam, HI), do you think/could it be incorporated into the SEA system? ie. long 6 day trip going SEA-NRT-PDX/SFO/LAX-NRT-SEA?

Last edited:
I agree. the 7ER or 767. I'm not sure of a 320 base just because we have an Alaska agreement. Don't know if we would compete directly with them. There is a big ocean out there with plenty of nice destinations from SEA!

I agree. the 7ER or 767. I'm not sure of a 320 base just because we have an Alaska agreement. Don't know if we would compete directly with them. There is a big ocean out there with plenty of nice destinations from SEA!

Ahh, very true. I guess that makes sense. I'd like to see them open up some more cities to Asia and having the opportunity to fly the stuff within Asia and the south Pacific. Add that to FRA, LHR, CDG, AMS on the east end and the SEA base would be a dream come true! :)

7ER will be moved to SEA and the 330's to JFK. I would guess by summer 2010 at the latest. (Just a guess) They could change their minds.

The 767s will be moved to Seattle so pilots can fly them to asia and then operate our 757's interport throughout Asia. Right now the 757 guys deadhead from Minneapolis/Detroit and fly 8-12 day trips out of NRT Narita Airport.

Give me a quick explanation on what you mean by 767 and 7ER.
Is 7ER 767-300ER?
Is 767 767-300 and 757-200/300 (with NW)
Do either of them include the 767-400 or is that a separate category in itself?
Thanks.

Give me a quick explanation on what you mean by 767 and 7ER.
Is 7ER 767-300ER?

What DAL calls a 767-300-ER is an extended range aircraft with extra fuel and HMG for 180+ ETOPS.

Is 767 767-300 and 757-200/300 (with NW) DAL operates 25 757-300 models for short Atlantic operations.

DAL used to operate 767-200 hence the carry over of 767-300. All the 767 aircraft operated at DAL are -300+ models.

Do either of them include the 767-400 or is that a separate category in itself?

No, the 767-400 ( same type, differences) separate category for now.

Thanks.

That explaination is incorrect.

A "7ER" base/category is a 767/757 "transoceanic qualified" base/category in as few words as possible.

A "767" base/category (also known as 767 domestic) is a 767/757 base/category that flies non ocean crossing routes and does not go farther south than 3 degrees south of the equator. I believe the farthest out to sea that we go on the domestic side is Bermuda.

All 7ER and 767 pilots are qualified to fly, and do fly, all models of the 757-200, 757-200ER (winglets), 767-300, and 767-300ER... soon to be adding the 757-300.

The 767-400 is a separate "ER" category where they fly both ocean crossing and domestic ops. This is designated as the "765." Goodness knows why it got this designation.. someone told me the history behind it one time, but I've long since forgotten.

"ER" pilots can fly both domestic (see previous description) and international, while non ER can only do "domestic" ops.

Last edited:
The Senior NWA folks that live in SEA will more than likely get to bid the ER in SEA if they want to. Also the 330's will be open for them too. When you start to see big jets moving bases, that is when it will get real interesting around here!

Latest resources

Back