Delta in SEA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is some fuzzy math.

I don't wan't to get back into this again for the eleventy billionth time but let me tell you about how "VERY well" this young FNWA pilot did. I start off at 1% behind, bottom out out at 10% behind, to never fully recover with a finish at 2% behind. So much for relative seniority and the young NWA pilots did "VERY well".

They did do very well. What you are not taking into effect is that there has NEVER been an allowance for attrition via arbitration. However, your big win is the merger itself, with the improved pay, the improved contract, and the MUCH improved fleet makeup. It was indeed a larger win for just about everyone on the NWA list, except perhaps the narrowbody captains, and that depends on the bidding prefs of the senior Delta guys.

They did do very well.

I am the they you speak of and I lost 10% mid career. You may call that doing "VERY well", I don't. I also don't call it relative seniority which is what Delta said was fair. Ultimately, your high and mighty view of Delta is not part of the equation, the actual numbers are, and they show I lost ground.

I'm done with this thread creep.

Last edited:
Some of those 88 will not come from ATL FIN. The plan on when and where all the jets are going to go chances weekly, so until they actually pull the trigger, bid what you want.

I am the they you speak of and I lost 10% mid career. You may call that doing "VERY well", I don't. I also don't call it relative seniority which is what Delta said was fair. Ultimately, your high and mighty view of Delta is not part of the equation, the actual numbers are, and they show I lost ground.

I'm done with this thread creep.

Good, because you are wrong, badly wrong. Your way of life just got more valuable. I have not checked your numbers, so they may very well be off. Even if they are spot on, your loss is more than offset by what you have gained. I know that you have to resort to the mighty delta argument, but you and I both know that it's not really about that.

Your lost seniority buys you more at the combined Delta than the stand alone NWA. There really is no disputing that.

Good, because you are wrong, badly wrong. Your way of life just got more valuable. I have not checked your numbers, so they may very well be off. Even if they are spot on, your loss is more than offset by what you have gained. I know that you have to resort to the mighty delta argument, but you and I both know that it's not really about that.

Your lost seniority buys you more at the combined Delta than the stand alone NWA. There really is no disputing that.

NOPE. I used hard numbers to quantify my correct position and you used pride and glory with a dash of magical dust.

Last edited:

Maybe, I'll tell you in 30 years if that is correct. Right now, the black 8 ball has the same odds as that statement.

Anyway, back to Seattle, I think the Seahawks have a chance of winning the NFC championship. Albeit a small chance.

Last edited:
Ironically, the NWA/Republic merger may provide the solution. Dissimilar carriers, so ratio/DOH merger, then a TALL 20 year fence.

Nu

What Roberts demonstrated was that tall fences don't make good neighbors, just suspicious and bitter intra MEC rivalries that fester for decades. Tall fences divide the pilot group by promoting separate camps within the same group.

Nicolau provided also provided a solution. He added up all the wide bodied captain positions and all the wide bodied first officer positions, which accounted for expectations, than he started the integration with ratios for the remaining seats. If that method were applied in a similar scenario, with roughly 50% of DAL/NWA seats in wide bodied aircraft, the integration would start at about 6000, with a 4-1 ratio after that.

I'm not sure what the solution would be, but what ever it is, the solution should attempt to fully integrate the pilots in a reasonable timeframe.

Really? DAL as a stand alone carrier had 2-3 quarters of unrestricted cash to survive any downturn in the economy. Post-bankruptcy plan to cover debt was based on huge international growth that is now falling apart. DAL has large debt payments due next three years. Not very good outlook on their own. As analysis have said, DAL fell short in CH-11 in becoming more competitive. NWA had the strongest cash position with almost $4 Billion. About 30% cash to revenue vs. DAL approximate 10%. Both companies have strengths and weaknesses in different areas. The combination of the two makes for a much stronger company long term than either staying independent. It also helps DAL get through what was going to be an immediate financial challenge the next few years had she been alone.

Last edited:
Disregard - doesn't matter

Last edited:
Good. The sooner you guys open up a base in SEA and put pressure on Alaska mgmt the better......

Maybe then they'll cancel our furloughs....

Latest resources

Back